advertisement

Anyone can read circuit diagram? Want to change fuse

To be fair - most of the audiophoolery threads are quiet right now. This one is a bit 'far out' though....

And welcome back Julf..

If we are going to be pedantic - get the change frequency correct - polarity changes twice every cycle, so the fuse would need to be changed 100 times per second - 100Hz. The same applies hum, flicker etc. on mains - the frequency of the mains is a nominal 50Hz, but most effects are 100 Hz as a consequence.

Mine sounded like rubbish until it occured to me that I was in north America so needed to swap them 120 times a second - oh, and I recommend you wear gloves.

Four pages in and no one has suggested just listening if the directionality is so audibly profound as claimed?

Has it occurred to any of these purveyors of superfuses that they should be offering a different version according to whether the fuse holder is mounted horizontally or vertically?

I for one use ceramic fuses only: they sound much better than glass ones.
Peter Belt suggested painting one extremity violet improved it further.

Lol

Oh don't bring Peter Belt into this. I've seen first-hand the results of his 'treatments'.

Has it occurred to any of these purveyors of superfuses that they should be offering a different version according to whether the fuse holder is mounted horizontally or vertically?

The 'vertical' one needs to take into account that the Earth's gravitational field tends to mean the electrons will tend to fall to the bottom end of the wire when there is no applied current.

Don't forget that the dip of the Earths magnetic field comes into this and as the North magnetic pole is moving rapidly at the moment, you might have to make the fuse holder adjustable.

Don't forget too that the overall magnetic field changes as the earth rotates because of the earth's 'bow wave' and it's interaction with the solar wind.
Of course you could put said item into a mu-metal shield,but then it makes life difficult continually swapping the fuses.

advertisement

Back