Anyone bought from MPB?

mattgbell

Help the elderly and unwell!
just looking for some reassurance (or not!), because
1. I’ve never bought secondhand camera kit before, and
2. The item I’m interested in is a very big-ticket purchase
Cheers,
Matt

I bought a second hand Nikon 24-70 f2,8 it came quickly was accurately described, so I can recommend them.

Pete

Wot you buying?

Yep - bought some Fuji stuff from them in the past and had no problems. They are a reputable outfit.

Lefty

Yes, bought 200-500 and 70- 200 nikkors and sigma 150-600 from them and all as good, if not better than described and delivered very quickly.

Just bought a lens for my new to me X-Pro 2. Excellent price and communication, next day delivery for £6. 14 day return policy too. So far so good. If you’re looking for particular SH kit Adrian Dent in Bristol buys and sells nice stuff; google GuppySpotter to get to his site.

Many thanks for everyone’s input. Most helpful.

I’m after a Canon EF 500mm f/4 L IS USM II. I’m a keen birdwatcher, and according to the pros I’ve talked to, this is the (horribly expensive) lens I need! Got decent results previously with an EF 400mm f/5.6 USM, but it’s not good in low light and has no image stabilisation.

Bought and sold with them several times since their early days. Couldn’t recommend more - once I mis-identified and item an item I was selling as a mk1 rather than a mk2 and they spotted the error and paid me the higher value. I once bought a low-value Canon body for a school which had a minor fault which they replaced with a body in better condition with a higher price without question?

I’m after a Canon EF 500mm f/4 L IS USM II. I’m a keen birdwatcher, and according to the pros I’ve talked to, this is the (horribly expensive) lens I need!
They were right!!! Simply incredible lens.

I’m after a Canon EF 500mm f/4 L IS USM II. I’m a keen birdwatcher, and according to the pros I’ve talked to, this is the (horribly expensive) lens I need! Got decent results previously with an EF 400mm f/5.6 USM, but it’s not good in low light and has no image stabilisation.

That's a monster!

Pete

Matt,

A 500mm f/4 tele?

Are you working out daily so you can carry the lens while you're oot and aboot?

Joe

Dealt with MBP quite a few times both buying & selling, no hassles at all, and purchases always as described on their site.

Matt,

A 500mm f/4 tele?

Are you working out daily so you can carry the lens while you're oot and aboot?

Joe

In total the body and lens will weigh about 4 kilos, so yes, Joe, I need to work on it, though I have to sort out my dodgy shoulder first -- the dreaded torn rotator cuff.

In the meantime, here's a pick I took of a lion in Tanzania with the old Canon EF 400mm f/5.6.

IMG_0663 by Matthew Bell, on Flickr

Matt,

In the meantime, here's a pick I took of a lion in Tanzania with the old Canon EF 400mm f/5.6.

Cool, that lion looks like my mini house tiger.

31103518506_20c3dbf001_c.jpg

Joe

Even the cheap Tamron produces decent images but where you really gain with the 500/ 4 II is with AF. Much faster.

Last edited:
Yep, many times,they’re my go to retailer for good used camera gear. Everything has been as good as (or better than) described... in fact I was only on their site earlier!

advertisement

Back