advertisement

Anybody watching the moon eclipse?

PsB

Citizen of Nowhere™
Total eclipse starts about now and lasts until about 10:15 British time. The moon is quite low on the horizon and towards the south east.

It is unfortunately hiding behind clouds where I am at the moment. This after days, nay weeks of clear skies. Grrrr.

Total eclipse starts about now and lasts until about 10:15 British time. The moon is quite low on the horizon and towards the south east.

It is unfortunately hiding behind clouds where I am at the moment. This after days, nay weeks of clear skies. Grrrr.

Was going to pop my head out to take a peek.

Longest lunar eclipse of this century and first cloudy day in a good while - yes somewhat ironic to say the least.

Too cloudy here too but will wait and see. According to my sky view map, the Moon is just breaking the horizon now but the buildings opposite obscure. And Mars should be bright as well, if the clouds allow.

Mars is brighter than Jupiter at the moment (perihelic opposition, every 15 years). Tonight it’s at its brightest night since 2003, which was a once in 100000 years episode.

Ooooh now I see it. Big, faint and rusty brown, with a very bright Mars a few degrees to the south and below to set it off nicely.

It was worth getting chewed up by the mozzies.

Quite clear in Munich.

The pinky colour was really quite faint. More impressive was/is watching the eclipse move across the moon.

Not quite back to full moon yet.

Saw a moon eclipse in Thailand 30 years ago during a clear night on the beach.

Everybody got very stoned. Dark Side of the Moon was on the resort's sound system. Bloody hippies. I persuaded the DJs to put on the Beastie Boys (You Gotta) Fight For Your Right (To Party).

Meanwhile it's cloudy in London.

Jack

Last edited:
Was cloudy here too. Absolutely no sight of the moon at all. I did spot Mars a couple of nights back looking much more prominent than usual.

We went out a couple of times in the rain, just too cloudy. Wish I'd read the op last night, we were unsure in which direction to look. We googled this but The Mail, Telegraph, and Mirror sites went on at length about other parts of the world and forgot to mention the uk.:rolleyes:

Bloody storms blew in when it was timed to start, and blew out when it was over.

advertisement

Back