advertisement

Anybody using PMC twenty5 24

Allaboutmusic

pfm Member
Have been reading a bit about PMC twenty5 23 and 26 but can’t find much about the 24s. They seem to be highly regarded and look to be good value second hand too.

would be using with an exposure 3010S2D integrated in a large room 5 x 6 x 3.2 m

thanks

Yep, my brother in law had a pair for years before downsizing to Twenty5.23s as his room was a bit small for them, so they should do very nicely in your room.

I also reviewed them originally when they came out and was so impressed I made them part of my reviewing reference system in place of the Twenty.24s I used before.

Yep, my brother in law had a pair for years before downsizing to Twenty5.23s as his room was a bit small for them, so they should do very nicely in your room.

I also reviewed them originally when they came out and was so impressed I made them part of my reviewing reference system in place of the Twenty.24s I used before.
That’s great thanks. What sort of character do they have? Not sure if you’ve heard the modern exposure stuff but any idea how it would pair with them? The amp is on the warm side of neutral and very good smooth vocals.

I've got the twenty.24s. They are probably similar. I would say they are detailed but a bit bright if you listen to them on axis. Bass is plentifull.

That’s great thanks. What sort of character do they have? Not sure if you’ve heard the modern exposure stuff but any idea how it would pair with them? The amp is on the warm side of neutral and very good smooth vocals.

I've reviewed Exposure stuff using them! They work very nicely together.

As PhilDick says, they do tend towards a brighter balance, but some judicious tweaking of positioning will sort this.

Good review. I can imagine that exposure would pair well given the tweeter, interesting that they didn’t report any sibilance too.

Problem is they are bound to sound impressive at the dealers. I imagine they sound more detailed than other comparable models due to the "boom and tizz" balance. I would recommend listening to them with no toe in.

With 25.23 I never found the tweeter bright or harsh and they were easy to place with good sound staging. It's a good speaker if you like a bit more bass and don't mind a little less mid, as the 24 review linked above alludes to.

The relatively high price for what they are and the strongly characteristic sound of the PMC home audio range has come up in threads before. It would be interesting to know the reasoning behind PMC opting for such strongly boutique domestic speakers given they also have a professional speaker range which one might expect to be damaged by association. Nothing wrong with high prices and designing in sound effects if people enjoy them but it is curious how the market can produce decent active speakers for a few hundred pounds and passive speakers like these for thousands. It's strange how luxury markets can work (or perhaps it is only strange to those of us that don't understand such markets and what might make speakers like this attractive). Interesting stuff though.

Had 20.24s for about seven years now which is longer than any other speaker I have owned (Dyn 52s, nSATs, OB1s, Kudos C10s). Never found the treble as too much but then again I have them firing straight ahead and not toed-in.

Had 20.24s for about seven years now which is longer than any other speaker I have owned (Dyn 52s, nSATs, OB1s, Kudos C10s). Never found the treble as too much but then again I have them firing straight ahead and not toed-in.
You like them better than the OB1's? weren't they a higher up the range when they came out?

advertisement

Back