advertisement

Anybody running a McLaren 650/570?

I’d take a GT3 over a McLaren. Warranty costs per year are high compared to Porsche, which suggests McLaren aren’t overly confident in their own product. I’ve also heard lots of horror stories about reliability and poor dealer experiences, how many are true I don’t know but the same is not heard about Porsche.

Dealing with Lotus while ordering an Emira has not been a pleasant experience so far, to the point where I’m considering withdrawing from the process. You might have less need for dealer interaction if buying a used Exige.

look forward to a ride in it :D
funnily enough i was chatting to a lovely old boy in the cathedral yesterday and he turned out to have been a professional racing driver driving lotus in the 60s . what amazing memories and what a guy to meet !!

Enjoy. No way around that on a Friday evening. Roadworks east of Cambridge too, 50mph limits.
Great. Thanks for that vote of confidence. There is in fact a guerrilla faction plotting a run to Norwich before rush hour (20 miles) then A 17 and an uncharted route though Lincolnshire involving farm tracks, smuggling across the Wash and an unplanned bivouac, but I can't talk about that here because it's classified.

Great. Thanks for that vote of confidence. There is in fact a guerrilla faction plotting a run to Norwich before rush hour (20 miles) then A 17 and an uncharted route though Lincolnshire involving farm tracks, smuggling across the Wash and an unplanned bivouac, but I can't talk about that here because it's classified.

Yeahbut that involves Sutton Bridge. whenever I go that way it is always closed for an hour letting the slowest bloody boat in the world through.

Yeahbut that involves Sutton Bridge. whenever I go that way it is always closed for an hour letting the slowest bloody boat in the world through.
A good friend of mine is a maintainer/operator of Sutton Bridge. He’ll just advise you to either time your journey for around low tide, or go through Wisbech.

If I’m in no rush, or if the A14/A1 look threatening, this is my preferred, scenic route.

Doesn’t take much longer, lower stress levels.

The silly thing is, at 6ft 4in I fit in the Elan, not the Yaris!
Seriously?

I’m more shocked at the size compared the Yaris than the Defender as we knows that’s a ‘big’ car but the Yaris is supposed to be a super mini.

The size creep on cars just continues.

Talking of fit, I recently saw a larger 40-something gentleman getting out of his McLaren in a particularly undignified way and we had a chat and laugh about it and he said at least he wasn’t on his hands and knees this time! I did have to wonder why he hadn’t bought something else.

Talking of fit, I recently saw a larger 40-something gentleman getting out of his McLaren in a particularly undignified way and we had a chat and laugh about it and he said at least he wasn’t on his hands and knees this time! I did have to wonder why he hadn’t bought something else.
Guess it’s worth it once he’s behind the wheel!

Unless the numbers come up, I’ll never own one but I prefer the looks of the McLaren's to the current Ferrari’s. The F450/480 were great looking things but the current one is just plain ugly IMO.

I’d still want a GT3 of some sort to run alongside the McLaren though. Quite like the understated looks of the GT3 Touring.

advertisement

Back