advertisement

Any Swifties here?

Nero

Re: Tired
I never thought I would buy one of her albums, but I’ve got Evermore on almost permanent rotation. The vinyl is superb, and so multi-layered, and the smattering of The National and Bon Iver is right up my street.
I hope she doesn’t go back to the poppy stuff. There, that’s my guilty secret.

I never thought I would buy one of her albums, but I’ve got Evermore on almost permanent rotation. The vinyl is superb, and so multi-layered, and the smattering of The National and Bon Iver is right up my street.
I hope she doesn’t go back to the poppy stuff. There, that’s my guilty secret.
100%. A mate pointed me to Folklore last year, before that I’d never even considered buying one of her LPs. When Evermore came out my first thought was “cash in” but after a couple spins I actually prefer it to Folklore. Both stand out albums of 2020 for me, defo in my top 5 of that year and one of the very few good things to come about cos of lockdown.

100%. A mate pointed me to Folklore last year, before that I’d never even considered buying one of her LPs. When Evermore came out my first thought was “cash in” but after a couple spins I actually prefer it to Folklore. Both stand out albums of 2020 for me, defo in my top 5 of that year and one of the very few good things to come about cos of lockdown.

With you on this but I was already quite a fan. Some of her output is a bit too poppy for me, but much of it is rather good IMO. Reputation is a great album and is sonically pretty awesome too. I am buying her re-versions so she gets the benefit and not that dick Scooter Braun!

With you on this but I was already quite a fan. Some of her output is a bit too poppy for me, but much of it is rather good IMO. Reputation is a great album and is sonically pretty awesome too. I am buying her re-versions so she gets the benefit and not that dick Scooter Braun!
I’ve bought Fearless on vinyl recently, haven’t got Red yet but likely will shorty, figured it’d be issued as a red vinyl LP but appears to be boggo black.

I am he. I enjoyed a few of her songs but would never have bought an album until I chanced on Folklore. Great album, as is Evermore.

I am he. I enjoyed a few of her songs but would never have bought an album until I chanced on Folklore. Great album, as is Evermore.
Wasn’t sure if you’d prefer remaining an anonymous swifty :) Must admit I was dubious when you pinged me about it but I’ve played her stuff as much as anything this past year. Be good to catch up but reckon we’ll hole up and see how this Omicron crap is looking at end Jan.

All due credit to her. IMO she is a fine, intelligent songwriter and performer. I have recorded a few uchoob videos for my 8-year old granddaughter, who loves her and I have grown to favour her a lot.

Having a daughter now mid-twenties, I’ve been listening to Ms Swift for many years. Always liked her output, accepting that the earlier stuff was aimed more at my daughter than me, these latest offerings are excellent.

Converted by the greatness of “Folklore” and “Evermore”, I’ve been picking up the back catalogue when it pops up in charity shops. Heard “Speak Now” for the first time last week and that too has its moments.

Found a copy of Folklore in my local vinyl emporium - sorry @Tony L , normally I'd click through to Anamoz, but I like to support Craig at Analogue October if I possibly can
Another fine disc - not sure which one I prefer, but a few more plays will be needed! Any excuse.

I’ve played both extensively, both at home and in my car(Qobuz Cd via IPhone etc). Essential, especially if you like beautiful songs.

13 y/o Daughter is a massive Swiftie - she has pretty much the whole lot on vinyl and likes to play it a lot. I like a fair bit of it; she reminds of Lana Del Rey - a more kid friendly version, obviously.

What keeps you up at night?

It’s a momentary glimmer of distraction. The tiniest notion of reminiscent thought that wanders off into wondering, the spark that lights a tinderbox of fixation. And now it is irreversible. The flame has caught. You’re wide awake.

Meet me at midnight...

Good Morning All,

That's me at 65yrs old and just downloaded 'Evermore', her second in my collection (the other being 'Reputation'). Just listening to the former - it's not bad......

Regards

Richard

advertisement

Back