advertisement

Any recommendations for nice female vocals please?

I know some people will disagree but get yourself some PINK,, she really does have a great voice, IMO,, it's not all loud pop,

I know some people will disagree but get yourself some PINK,, she really does have a great voice, IMO,, it's not all loud pop,

She does have a good voice and some WILL disagree! Same for Christina Aguilera, her Stripped album is a lot more than just bubble gum pop.

I trust the likes of Teddy Ray has the OP covered on Emmylou. :cool:

No love for Nina Nastasia on this thread? 'Dogs' is definitive. 'The Blackened Air' may even be better. Both expertly tracked to analogue tape by Mr Steve Albini.

Last edited by a moderator:
I trust the likes of Teddy Ray has the OP covered on Emmylou. :cool:

One would assume that because Emmylou has been recording since the 60s, and is a major-label artist, she doesn't meet his requirements for good music.

I'll add Kim Richey to my list of recommendations. A beautiful, pure voice, and I haven't found a bad album in her output yet.

No love for Nina Nastasia on this thread? 'Dogs' is definitive. 'The Blackened Air' may even be better. Both expertly tracked to analogue tape by Mr Steve Albini.

See my earlier post, not sure she's 'nice', though. :)

Forgot about Meg Baird from Espers, her solo stuff may appeal to those into Karine Polwart and Sandy Denny.

We would find it really odd if someone asked for recommendations for male vocals, wouldn't we?

advertisement

Back