advertisement

Any one used Mad About Sound Lately

nitrous

pfm Member
Hello all, quick query, I'm thinking of buying some CSS 125FR's drivers, and only supplier I've found in the UK is 'Mad About Sound'.

Browser is coming up with a warning about it not being a 'secure' site, so I would like to hear peoples experiences before I enter my credit card details:)

Cheers,

nitrous

That message means little, I've seen it for 10 yrs around the web and it is just 'Microshaft-speak'.

Mad about sound were a good supplier. Those CSS125FR are nice though not the smoothest at the top end. I just hope he gets enough business to keep it going.

Let us know what you plan doing with them. They are good for live stuff where the 'single point source' probably helps.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3349/4632028934_2a2cffb563_z.jpg

Hi demotivated, thanks for reply. I'm just looking to have a play with a single driver in a TL cabinet in my second system. (tripath 20watt power amp). No science as proper speaker design is way past me!....just a bit of fun.

I'll give 'mad about sound' a try and report back, and if the results of my playing around aren't too embarrassing I will post some piccies

Nitrous

Hi, I may as well report and answer my own question in case anyone else is thinking of using this supplier. I can say service was superb. Ordered a pair of css 125's on bank hol Tuesday after Christmas and they arrived today! Very impressive.

Driver look nice as well, dinky little critters....now I need to finish the cabs!

Glad they are still good service. I use mine with a slight mid dip leaving the bass and treble at full volume. Small drivers can be a bit thin and forward, while the treble falls a bit early in these, so removing a bit of mid made sense. I will have a circuit diagram somewhere, but I just used some xover parts I had that were roughly right.

If you are concerned about security then any reputable outfit will have a phone no, ring the order through, pay by card, if they don't deliver you notify the card issuer and they send the large gentlemen in cheap suits round.

If you are concerned about security then any reputable outfit will have a phone no, ring the order through, pay by card, if they don't deliver you notify the card issuer and they send the large gentlemen in cheap suits round.

Stevec67 yes of course you are right. I was partly asking because I wanted to hear from members who may have used the company before. As it happens all went to plan.

Demotivated, it will be interesting experiment to see what they sound like in a folded TL about 2.2m long! Your description is something I would attribute to a driver not being run in. I'm going to try them without xover first, then possibly look for a supertweeter if needs be.

Cheers

Nitrous

advertisement

Back