advertisement

Any model makers here? This is a nice little add on.

Here's a platform bridge and a waiting room ready to be cleaned up and painted....should be fun!!

IMG-7370.jpg

A better shot of the layout. Track and main geography items basically finished. Now for the roads, stations, a town etc. A big hoover down of excess ballast tomorrow and I can make a start now I know it all works well......never again:D Note the HS 125 on inner track.

IMG-7371.jpg

What did you use for ballast in the end Kenny?

Grey sand mate, fine stuff, bought a pack on ebay for 4 quid. Put a small dab of pva around the track and sprinkled it on.....vac it off tomorrow and hope it's stuck in the places I want it to.

As someone who finds n gauge fiddly enough I am in awe...

I wish as I said earlier I'd gone for N Gauge, there are some lovely accessories around for that scale now and so realistic......I'd have just done a shunting layout on the same board.

Problem now today is hoovering up all the excess ballast, then re cleaning track with IPA and 2000 wet and dry. You just know one rogue grain of sand will get sucked up in to a gearbox on the first run and it's a loco strip down again. However hopefully later on it should all be working so I can move on to some scenery and detail. Have you still got your N Gauge by the way?

:D:D:D.....well I can spy a good few boxes of rolling stock there so I'm hoping they are rolling shortly!!

Nice pics of the setup Kenny! Looking good! I will just have to enjoy my past railroading via your pics here, and others that may join in. Certainly a very fun and rewarding, not to mention frustrating at times, hobby!

Ikea Linmon table tops make great baseboards for N gauge layouts. They may need strengthening along the long axis with some extra timber to stop them sagging, but their hollow construction is ideal for hiding points and things inside. Great if only to prototype on. Sadly they're not available online so I'm not resurrecting my N-gauge idea any time soon.

Ikea Linmon table tops make great baseboards for N gauge layouts. They may need strengthening along the long axis with some extra timber to stop them sagging, but their hollow construction is ideal for hiding points and things inside. Great if only to prototype on. Sadly they're not available online so I'm not resurrecting my N-gauge idea any time soon.

There are a lot of blokes using those 2 inch or even 1 inch thick foam insulation wall boards, dead light and quite strong. Wish I'd have done that too.

That looks the business Kenny. What are the little belt-driven wheels used for - polishing or similar ?

After all the veggies are planted out this weekend and lawn is scarified I'll get back to a lock down project.

I'll give my eyes a rest though from T Gauge for a while and start a refurb program on this 50 year old relic instead :rolleyes:

IMG-7377.jpg

My Grandfather built a working steam engine from a former brass shell case when he was in training with REME I believe. I must find out where it is and refurb it, we used to enjoy it when I very young.

My Grandfather built a working steam engine from a former brass shell case when he was in training with REME I believe. I must find out where it is and refurb it, we used to enjoy it when I very young.

Would love to see it when you dig it out!!

advertisement

Back