advertisement

Any model makers here? This is a nice little add on.

Tim, can you believe it, some guys in T Gauge are doing just that. They buy the rails and build the track up. I just can't imagine how hard and time consuming that would be in this scale. It's finer than the thinnest guitar string.

Ridiculous

I am making my N gauge track but cheating a little as it is from a kit but it is still made up from individual bits of rail, filed and soldered for the points. I will post some pics later tonight

Well the postman arrived 2 minutes ago with my new springs for the loco rebuild.

I think there could be some tears here. I'll report back

IMG-7350.jpg

someone's having a joke...that's a bag of brass microdots. Send them back :)

Jeez they are small too. Ordered 8 although only needed 4.Good job as well as 3 went AWOL. When one springs out of the tweezers you'll just never see it again.........then a bloke experienced in TGauge advised me to thread the springs on to fine cotton...that saved the day!!

Perhaps you need to put the work area in a box, so anything that drops or flies off cannot go far?

Until now I had never heard of T gauge, and I buy the occasional Railway Modeller mag. As a teenager I had a U shaped 009 layout in the attic that I rather loved. Going back to make another is a fond wish for retirement - we shall see. The wife is not agin it, but probably doesn’t realise how much time these things take. I have dragged her along to a couple of model railway shows but she is adamant she would never be like the wives of the gentlemen she has seen at them!

Perhaps you need to put the work area in a box, so anything that drops or flies off cannot go far?

Until now I had never heard of T gauge, and I buy the occasional Railway Modeller mag. As a teenager I had a U shaped 009 layout in the attic that I rather loved. Going back to make another is a fond wish for retirement - we shall see. The wife is not agin it, but probably doesn’t realise how much time these things take. I have dragged her along to a couple of model railway shows but she is adamant she would never be like the wives of the gentlemen she has seen at them!

It's a good shout re. building it in the box, the fad seems to be to build them in to a brief case or a coffee table at the moment, so the work area is kind of in a box then. You can buy a ready made brief case set but they are bloody pricey for what they are.

Loving the railway stuff. I had N gauge and OO as a kid. Always wanted to revisit again in my older years. Golfing and piano got in the way. Keep the pictures coming please. Fascinating...

I too had never heard of T guage till I saw this thread. Until then I thought the smallest was Z guage. I remember amongst my many visits to Hobbies & Models as a kid being fascinated by some of the intricately modelled Z guage Fleischmann steam locos they used to sell. I used to have a 00 layout which I slowly built up over time having started with a Hornby train set which comprised a small loop, tank loco and three wagons. These days all my model railway stuff occupies a box in the garage - there is simply no room in my house to accommodate a layout, sadly.

Kenny - have you got a power controller for your train set? If so, what is it? I hear a lot about “chipped” locos these days which can be operated via complex electronic control systems but looking at your photos of your 125 power cars I somehow doubt you could get a chip in there...!

Here's where the Bentley is now. A basic paint coat on every constructed bit. A LOT of sanding and filling and re painting/weathering to come soon (before the body work goes on anyway, which is soon). Despite my whineing, I am, in a strange masochistic way, enjoying it. Certainly passes these virus days.

IMG_0225 by John Dutfield, on Flickr

rear suspension:
IMG_0219 by John Dutfield, on Flickr

a few waiting bits:
IMG_0224 by John Dutfield, on Flickr

that '9' transfer just is poor. Need to remove and hand paint that later i think.
IMG_0223 by John Dutfield, on Flickr

About another year? :)

I too had never heard of T guage till I saw this thread. Until then I thought the smallest was Z guage. I remember amongst my many visits to Hobbies & Models as a kid being fascinated by some of the intricately modelled Z guage Fleischmann steam locos they used to sell. I used to have a 00 layout which I slowly built up over time having started with a Hornby train set which comprised a small loop, tank loco and three wagons. These days all my model railway stuff occupies a box in the garage - there is simply no room in my house to accommodate a layout, sadly.

Jon, likewise, I had thought Z guage was the smallest too! Guess it has been awhile since I really dug into any of it. I used to grab an occasional copy of Model Railroader(?) magazine, and it kind of kept me in the loop, sort of. I guess I am still a nerd at heart though!:)

Here's where the Bentley is now. A basic paint coat on every constructed bit. A LOT of sanding and filling and re painting/weathering to come soon (before the body work goes on anyway, which is soon). Despite my whineing, I am, in a strange masochistic way, enjoying it. Certainly passes these virus days.

IMG_0225 by John Dutfield, on Flickr

rear suspension:
IMG_0219 by John Dutfield, on Flickr

a few waiting bits:
IMG_0224 by John Dutfield, on Flickr

that '9' transfer just is poor. Need to remove and hand paint that later i think.
IMG_0223 by John Dutfield, on Flickr

About another year? :)

That looks incredible work, from the SU's, to the seats to the radiator cowl to the wheels.

Kenny - have you got a power controller for your train set? If so, what is it? I hear a lot about “chipped” locos these days which can be operated via complex electronic control systems but looking at your photos of your 125 power cars I somehow doubt you could get a chip in there...!

Two power controllers on the layout Jon. One for the outer loop and one for the inner point to point local line.
Run on 5v and these later controllers allow for realistic shunting speeds, the old controllers could not manage that.

The trains are DC but some bright spark has now fitted the DCC chip in to one of these to allow for digital running. What a tight squeeze, not something I'd attempt.

Starting fitting the chairs to the turnout base

49751545082_7ba5179bf4_c.jpg

switch blades filed down and soldered to the tie bar

49750673233_5aef2ff4b9_c.jpg

Didn't take a pic but have fitted about half the rest of the chairs this evening.

Very neat work indeed. That doesn't look an easy task to get right. Excellent.

Another lock down day, busier than most. Fixed the washing machine, planted some veg, went for a good walk, then received a big Ocado delivery. So to complete the hectic Thursday I did a bit more on the layout.

Made final connections on inner point to point, another struggle. Then ballasted the track. I was quite liberal with it so when dry I'll scrape off or over grass. Then got the point to point actually working properly. On the left side of layout you'll just make out the 2 x infra red sensors, these stop the train and send it on it's way at a time delay to suit. That will be the local line which I'll build a commuter train for. Outer loop will be for the High speed 125's. Hopefully ready to start adding details now the track laying and wiring is 100%
IMG-7369.jpg

advertisement

Back