advertisement

Any interest in a PFM Picture-A-Week (PAW)? part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
2141553762_85ea1cbe10_o.jpg

Schooner, San Diego Bay, yesterday.
Nikon D200, 400ASA, 70mm

Thanks Richard. Still being very circumspect about posting things as I've only had a camera for two weeks and feel a bit humbled by all the skill round here!

2143974831_2284f75b03_o.jpg

Back up north again, this time in the North West for a few days. Its a bit crap uploading on a laptop via an "edge" connection. This was taken on the Leica M8, using a concrete post as a tripod to get the depth of field in attrocious conditions. Bring on the bleeding snow.

;)

Thanks guys. I was thinking of this as a contender for 'Old & New', but the buds don't stand out in B&W as much as they do in color.

So, apart from Tony, did anyone succeed in producing a PAW in the strict sense. Recall, you're supposed to select one pic a week and so produce a collection of 52 by the end of the year. I realise I failed miserably in 2007, but I'm thinking I might give it another try in 2008. Now that I can develop my own negs, turning something around in a week is pretty easy. Any more takers this year? I'm not suggesting we change the loose definition of PAW is this thread, which is my favorite on PFM.

Dan

Well, not me Dan. I started late, and haven't caught up yet.

Anyway, here are some sheep for Mr Cat

sheepchatsworth.jpg

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE

So, apart from Tony, did anyone succeed in producing a PAW in the strict sense.

I failed pretty miserably to be honest, I’ve done 38 since the start of the thread, but no where near one a week. I’ve gone best part of a month with nothing now as I hate the overcast mid grey light of winter up north in the UK so much.

Tony.

PS Let's start a new thread for 2008.

I didn't do a PAW as such, but I think I managed to post at least one photograph a week to my website, with only a few weeks missed.

Took the Rolleiflex out yesterday for a last spin in 2007.

img896.jpg

-- Ian

Nice composition - did you use a filter to enhance cloud/sky separation, or is that post-processed?

For me the hardest part of a PAW is selecting *one* photo (assuming I've been out with a camera that week). I think it really forces one to be self-critical, and ask "What do I like about that photo?" Well, I'm going to create a flickr set for PAW2008, and give it a go again.

Dan

p.s. see you in the new thread!

Cheers Dan. Used an orange filter on that one. Nearly always have either a yellow or an orange filter on the camera if I'm shooting outside and there's any sun.

I'll be watching your 2008 PAW :)

-- Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back