advertisement

Any interest in a PFM Picture-A-Week (PAW)? part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
1432548474_e821d4823c_o.jpg

#32. Antony Gormley sculpture, Crosby, yesterday.

Tony.

Nice work Guy, Tony & Mousey
1430006258_020463dd0f.jpg

Found my way into a derelict garden centre yesterday - this was with the Rollei Neopan 400 & Rodinal 1+50,got another roll still in the Bronica to finish & develop.
I need to make up another batch of Xtol but having difficulty finding distilled/purified water around here just now, so back to the Rodinal in the meantime.

Mr Cat - I hadn't actually viewed your images - I do like the first couple of beach ones in particular. As Mathewr said its easier to read the thread if images are posted into it rather than linked to.
I've no great interest in the film v digital argument, both can produce great images.
I have a digital camera but find myself shooting mostly film. My Rollei may be 48 years old but doesn't need batteries, is very portable and a joy to use.

matthewr,you know as well as I do that you can go to any seaside resort in the country and hanging on the walls of hotel/pubs is almost the exact same yacht scene (framed) for sale at between £50 and £80 dependant on location.

There is absolutely nothing original about it and I'm sure every photographer has the same or very near picture in there collection.

I must say that I very much liked that under exposed photo on Crosby beach by TonyL,truely excellent comes to mind.

This is an earlier snap on 16-09-07 at a different location - yes.I know it is not good.
82f922e1.jpg

Ok, I hated your first picture -- which was clearly derivative -- and just said I liked it for a laugh.

Happy now?

I must say that I very much liked that under exposed photo on Crosby beach by TonyL,truely excellent comes to mind.

Thanks - it was a challenge to take as the LCD display on the GR Digital is utterly useless in bright sunlight - I was shooting / framing entirely by guesswork. I knew there was a good picture there for the taking so took it about 15 times from slightly different positions and varying the exposure in the hope I'd get one good one (IIRC the one I used was under exposed by a stop). I probably need to buy the add-on optical viewfinder at some point as the LCD was neither use nor ornament in that environment.

Here's another one:

1431413031_43f77e5918_o.jpg

The sculptures, Another Place, work remarkably well IMO - there are lots of them (100) and they are very widely spaced apart. They all stand motionlessly staring at the horizon which makes for a very strange presence in itself, and when the tide comes in it goes up to their necks. Close up they are very weathered / covered in barnacles, algae etc. Saturday was the first time I'd been to see them. Well worth a visit.

Tony.

Pete - any more news on the Toyo? I've just been looking at how cheap good condition Pentax 645's are - I've seen them for £250ish, which could potentially work out a lot cheaper and better than a next generation dSLR. Have you done a comparison shot with your Rollei and the Pentax K10d? I'd like to see how the two compare on something like a 16" to 20" print.

Tony - really nice. Did you see pix of the Gormleys on and around Waterloo Bridge? And fab shot Mousey. How was that taken?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back