advertisement

Any interest in a PFM Picture-A-Week (PAW)? part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthewr

spɹɐʍʞɔɐq spɹoɔǝɹ ɹnoʎ sʎɐld
Well it really was just a joke and meant in a light-hearted way. So shrug.

I am seeing a lot of emotion coming into this thread, perhaps the threat of manhood being expressed in photos I don't know.

I suggest we all calm down and wait patiently for another picture from Mentlap.

This particular thread has taught me that I will never be any good at photography. I can take it though.

I suggest we all calm down and wait patiently for another picture from Mentlap.

Yep, agreed, Mentlap is good but patience is a virtue.

d0345b80.jpg

Joe and Dan M - thank you very much!

Guybat - I like!

So, I know this is supposed to be *a* picture *a week* and all but, well, I've been unusually productive photographically this week so I wanted to post a few more - hope you don't mind.

My favourites from this weekend (click for larger version). A lot more from this weekend here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/uberfunkster/

Canon 350D, Canon 70-210/3.5-4.5

Canon 350D, Nikkor Ai 24/2.8

Canon 350D, Canon 70-210/3.5-4.5

Fuji F30

Fuji F30

andy
www.flickr.com/photos/uberfunkster

Mentalp you have a gift with the camera, much needed after yesterdays stupidity to this one thread I thought wouldn't go down the same road as many others.

Thanks for the compliment. I agree it would be a shame if this thread got taken over by the petty squabbling that blights others. There's nothing wrong with a bit of constructive criticism but on the other hand if you've nothing good to say sometimes it's best to say nothing.

I recommend this stream on Flickr -he's got some great work
http://flickr.com/photos/smelterx/

mentalp -- I am also really enjoying your pics and in particular the 6x6 format. My Dad actually has a Rolleiflex (a 2.8F I think) which I could almost certainly borrow for a play around.

How do you do your scanning? Can MF be done with affordable flatbed scanners now? The expense of MF film scanners has always put me off in the past.

Thanks.

Mathewr
I'm using an Epson V700 for scanning MF - and been very happy with it.Not the cheapest of scanners but much less than a dedicated MF film scanner. I've been scanning the negs at a pretty high resolution giving big files (up to 140meg) and then resizing in PS.

<off topic> So far this thread has been working without moderation. Let's keep it that way.

<on topic> I really wish I could photograph like some of you guys here.

Mathewr
I'm using an Epson V700 for scanning MF - and been very happy with it.Not the cheapest of scanners but much less than a dedicated MF film scanner. I've been scanning the negs at a pretty high resolution giving big files (up to 140meg) and then resizing in PS.
Ah, the very scanner I was thinking about. How many negs can you scan in on a single scan?

From what I've seen review-wise the results seem surprisingly good.

My Dad actually has a Rolleiflex (a 2.8F I think) which I could almost certainly borrow for a play around.

For the benefit of those who don't know what a Rolleiflex 2.8F TLR looks like and below an Epson v700 flatbed scanner.

18f18010.jpg

84f0fba0.jpg

4 strips of 35mm, 2 of 120 (so 6 6x6) - I've been thinking of getting the better scanning film holders as they seem to have a better method of holding the film flat. I've been using the Epson scan software rather than the silverfast. Still have to master scanning colour neg though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back