advertisement

any actors out there,

graystoke4

pfm Member
Hi, am i right that everyone on tv, be it soap, film, and this is the one, Adverts, has to be an actor, with a green card, i tried to explain to my girlfriend that when they show adverts that allegedly, show the public, these are actors to, example the Pension Bee add, and fitness gear, ad's,

Not sure what you mean by "green card" but you do not have to be a member of Equity or any Trade Union to have an acting job.

It is likely that people described as customers are actual customers.

Hi, am i right that everyone on tv, be it soap, film, and this is the one, Adverts, has to be an actor, with a green card, i tried to explain to my girlfriend that when they show adverts that allegedly, show the public, these are actors to, example the Pension Bee add, and fitness gear, ad's,
No.
My daughter appeared as an extra in a kids school tv drama show once.
No green card, no anything.
And there’s that vacuum cleaner advertised by the manufacturer, the guy with the droning voice.

thanks CAV, things have changed, years ago the actors guild or whatever it was called, would not let actors work for free, even if they wanted to, they would take expenses, to get around this, if doing something for charity, its just because some adverts, clearly show actors, that have done stuff on the telly, as joe public, which clearly they are not,

and i will come with you ,
Just realised, i have everything rush has done ,but ATWAS, got it on vinyl, going to ebay back in a MO,
sorted, its on its way, :D

I have been in Peak Practice and been a contestant in Bargain Hunt Live. (plus a few other things too complicated to explain) - Also did live stage work in a variety show. Maybe should have got an Equity card, but never did. Wish I had done for the theatre work as I got shafted. The joy of being young and not knowing any better.

I have noticed that some so called "customers" are the same persons turning up on adverts for different products.

I'm not sure how they manage it but I guess they get the gigs through an agency.

No,you can be an extra without any training or a card or anything else, just need to have look they're looking for and the money is pretty good though there's alot of standing about waiting.

My best mate is an actor. Been in Phoenix Nights, Hollyoaks, many theatre plays, a couple of films and a couple of Police Crime Reconstruction type thingies.
The very lovely sister of a very lovely former colleague of mine, is a pretty well known actress, also been in Hollyoaks as well as major West End musicals etc. And is best mates with my next door neighbour's daughter.
Another one was in school with my oldest daughter.
Peter Bowles, John Bird and Freda Jackson went to my school, as did John Turner who played the lead in Knight Errant from 1959-1961.
They get everywhere..

Now.. What was the question?

advertisement

Back