advertisement

Anti Woke movement grows

Perhaps the asparagus should become the symbol of the war-on-the-war-on-woke, to be worn in an appropriate cap in the forthcoming armageddon

We have a badge!

deliveryService

But sometimes the first step in resolving a problem is to call attention to it.
And hopefully gather like minded people around the issue.

Does it matter how small and insignificant the gesture? Making a gesture that says ‘Racism is a bad thing’, regardless of how small, can surely only be a positive? To sneer at that small gesture, even if the sneerer is making a bigger gesture themself, is a negative and can only, in the long run, subtract from the bigger gesture.

Why sneer at any gesture that says racism is bad?

What is the motivation behind the sneer?

Last edited:
For decades, mixing sport with politics was a bad habit attributed to the Soviets and its satellite states. It was shunned at. Nowadays we are all too happy to step in, in a similar way.
This is nonsense. Sport has been a political in Western democratic countries for a very long time too. Why else would countries like the UK or Switzerland grant fast-track nationality to foreign athletes if not to boost the image of their nations on the world stage.

A lot of people experience or practice sport, and consider it relaxing. They love football for the game itself. Should they now be forced to show their commitment to a cause ? Or even be banned if they are in the stadium just for having some good time ?
Nobody is forced to join in. Some teams don’t do it anymore, and those that don’t are not subjected to any barrages of hate... unlike, for example, those players who find it inappropriate to wear a poppy in November. And if ever there was a lip-service gesture, that’s the one you should be calling out.

I also happen to think that the kneeling is something that has now lost its meaning through overuse, but I wouldn’t boo it, and I have no problem with players continuing with it for as long as it has meaning to them, or other players standing.

I guess what I’m saying, without ever having to diverge into the seasonality of produce, is that I don’t feel I’m entitled to have the whole world pander to my particular prejudices.

Is this the dawning of the age of asparagus ?

Clearly the band member on the left hadn’t just been sticking to asparagus,

vdYII3O.jpg

When the moon is in the Seventh House
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars
This is the dawning of the age of Asparagus
Asparagus
As-par-a-gus.

Clearly the band member on the left hadn’t just been sticking to asparagus,

vdYII3O.jpg

When the moon is in the Seventh House
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars
This is the dawning of the age of Asparagus
Asparagus
As-par-a-gus.

Looks like a blaxploitation version of Star trek.

Looks like a blaxploitation version of Star trek.
I was 8 when that came out and I really loved it. Later on it was Elvis live from Hawaii by satellite, men were walking on the moon, it was a great time,

don’t know what the drummer was on though, sounds wired to the moon.

If another country was reading a bill to curtail the powers of social media, while promoting the singing of nationalistic songs in schools, threatening to defund the national broadcaster unless it toes the line and attempting to limit the ability of its citizens to peacefully protest, what would we call it?

advertisement

Back