advertisement

Anti Woke movement grows

Whether we like it or not globalism,via business, culture, people, has changed our society radically in a very short time.
When you rub shoulders with it daily, esp for children, your mindset is radically different from our grandparents. I think within two generations , 40 yrs, the world will be multicultural in a way we find difficult to comprehend; don’t fight it you will lose, the weight of history is against you.
Remember reading a article by the Nobel winning Norwegian statistician (forget name) who predicted we will all end up looking like Barack Obama, I thought cool, my mother almost had a stroke. A farmer friend threatened to take his secret stash of guns out of hiding, I’m not saying change is easy, just inevitable.
When every child in the third world has a mobile and can see that a better life is being had up north I’m surprised there’s not more people flooding into Europe.

I must be a racist then. Oh dear.

p.s. does it never occur to you that some who make symbolic gestures might also be racist but wish to hide it?

Instead of saying, "Oh dear." why don't you just explain your own view on why you would not support it, or why you would remain silent?

I'm not particular well versed on how one is expected to act in my things these days.

Taking the knee for me would feel weird, sheerly because I have social anxiety! But I would of course do it as a sign of solidarity and respect, even if to me it feels awkward.

I often get a lot of stuff wrong in this modern age, that's why I listen to others who are affected by these things more directly and if they feel something is appropriate I will do it, in respect for them as an outwardly show of support and my feelings over the subject.

What pisses me off is say the F1 drivers who 'won't' take the knee, when it's clear Lewis feels it's an appropriate gesture. It's a way to show solidarity within a group of elite sportspeople that the world watches and respects. The likes of Max Verstappen etc. The real racers and real people in F1 are the ones joined Lewis in the show of solidarity, even if they felt awkward, in my opinion.

Admire Lewis’s stand, only non white f1 driver ever! Even the audience seems very pale, he could easily pocket cash and keep stumm, he chooses to take the flak and stand tall. Good chap.

You should see some of the trolls who write on his Facebook page. The usual BS of 'you are a great driver but stop making everything political'.

It's hardly political.

The sad fact is, if he were not one the greatest drivers of all times, F1 would have sanctioned him for wearing the t shirts that he does, as I am sure that they already 'banned' them.

Seen a couple of footie shirts today. Should sort out the men from the boys and the women from the girls. etc.
Factory Records -v- Umbro.
https://www.umbro.co.uk/browse/c-FactoryRecordsxUmbro-438/

#Youknowwhichisright

umbro_factoryrecordsawayjersey_1620293604umbro_factoryrecordsawayjersey_1618504386FACTORY_RECORDS_AWAY_JERSEY_F.jpg

or...
ba2d4b73464723a2f36acd356e070e7f12342328.jpeg

Yes, I think the link is there.

I dont think it is. You're back to the 'with us or agin' us' position. I grew up in a fairly divided society in Northern Ireland, where the same approach was taken by many with it came to displaying their particular tribal flag denoting whether you were 'Blue' or 'Green'. You can be either - or none. Forcing people to declare themselves publicly is not always in everybody's interest.

I suspect btw there's a lot of virtue signalling going on by some who do make choose to take the knee - whose position may not be hugely different from others who choose not to partake, but they feel forced to do so by external pressure.

I firnlt believe it's important to let people choose freely where they sit on public displays like this - don't force their hand one way or another. That breeds division and intolerance.

That all sounds great in a coffee coloured people kind of way, but the reality is somewhat less than ideal. What we have in Europe are societies living apart, without much integration, and the Critical race theory bunch - with their emphasis on what makes us all different, are actually driving divisiveness rather than what they claim to do, unite us.
Yes, this is how the racist argument is developing. Blaming those fighting racism for causing division is the new argument of the anti woke right wing manufacturers and beneficiaries of division.

Racism is racism. Anti racism is anti racism.

Haha, the oiks eh? Patriotism, beer and junk food. But, is this really in the spirit of fighting prejudice ? ? ?

I was comparing it to the The Factory Records football shirt collaboration. Factory were are an inclusive label and are at complete contrast to the nonsense on the meme shirt.

advertisement

Back