advertisement

Another Tory scandal

They’ve always been like this, just a bit posher.

You're right of course Sean. There have always been the Jonathan Aitkens, the Jeffrey Archers, the Neil Hamiltons with their brown paper envelopes, the standard baseline level of Tory sleaze and corruption. But I don't recall a previous PM with such absolute contempt for the law.

"The leader of the House of Commons, Mark Spencer, said last week that his party was committed to selecting higher quality candidates at the next general election".
A tacit admission that the current crop is not of high quality, clearly. I wonder whether that thinking includes current Cabinet members?

It's fine so long as you only break it in limited and specific ways, apparently. I think it's like speeding, where you'll probably get a speed awareness course rather than points and a fine, if you're only a bit over the limit.

You're right of course Sean. There have always been the Jonathan Aitkens, the Jeffrey Archers, the Neil Hamiltons with their brown paper envelopes, the standard baseline level of Tory sleaze and corruption. But I don't recall a previous PM with such absolute contempt for the law.
I dunno, Theresa May extremely relaxed about laws protecting black Britons, Cameron and his cronies, Blair on the small matter of illegal wars…

Johnson’s the first one to use law-breaking as an electoral offer but only because no one else thought of it.

very creepy:

0De9JxY.jpg

guilty conscience?

Nothing to see here, just a typical Tory making light of a rapist colleague. There are apparently around 56 MPs under investigation for sexual harassment at present. I’m prepared to bet which benches most originate from.

Nothing to see here, just a typical Tory making light of a rapist colleague. There are apparently around 56 MPs under investigation for sexual harassment at present. I’m prepared to bet which benches most originate from.

I suspect you're right if for no other reason than that Labour has a far higher proportion of female MPs.

Meanwhile... Ex-Labour MP must pay £434k damages to woman he repeatedly assaulted

Interestingly the woman's barrister states in the story that she may now be taking the House of Commons to court as MP insurance against legal action is capped at £250,000 if an employee claims sexual harassment and most of that(!) has been spent on defence legal fees.

Woman A told the Guardian she hoped Wednesday’s order would encourage other women to come forward and seek justice through the courts as an alternative to the parliamentary process “It is important that the many women who have been sexually harassed and assaulted by MPs know that there is another way of seeking justice and compensation for their losses,” she said.

“The parliamentary investigation route, which I went through, is arduous and very tough and conducted in private. Pursuing Mike Hill through the courts has meant that I might receive compensation for my financial losses and the process seems much more open and transparent.”

Woman A said the decision to take on Hill had nevertheless left her homeless, traumatised by post-traumatic stress disorder, suffering from severe depressive disorder and with limited prospects of a career. “I have gone through two and a half years of hell. I left my job with nothing while he took his pension, and several months’ pay and was covered by £250,000 towards his legal fees. I had to crowdfund my case. The system, even through the courts, is weighted in favour of MPs,” she said.

The scale of allegations and sleaze is beyond belief.
I disagree. They set the bar in the 90's and are doing nothing new or unexpected.

Starmer should open his questions with the famous Harry Challenor quote- “it’s like trying to swim against a tide of sewage”. The sleaze that brought down the Major government is a pale frilly imitation of what’s going on now.
2024 is the chance to be rid of them. Let's hope you agree.

MI5 agent used secret status to terrorise girlfriend
A video shows the man threatening to kill the woman and attacking her with a machete.
The foreign national cannot be named, despite evidence he is a threat to women, after the government took the BBC to court to block publication.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61508520

I can’t take any more, I’ve got PTSD reading about this stuff. I’ve had “I’m a naughty Tory, I’m a naughty Tory” Elphicke chasing a woman, naked round a dining table, Michael Fabricant riding a bicycle wearing only a rug and now “Top Tory MP faces drink spiking claims as victim 'woke up to find nipples being licked'”.

I’m going to need an emergency appointment at the Maudsley FFS.

advertisement

Back