advertisement

Another buying from abroad query (France).

twotone

pfm Member
Hi guys, I bought a waterproof Jacket from Hardloop.co.uk earlier this month, the 3rd, the jacket was £164.50 in total with a TVA of £27.42 included in that total.

I had no idea that the jacket was coming from France or they were French company I just did a Google search for the jacket and they appeared with the lowest price for it in fact the website has an .co.uk address @ www.hardloop.co.uk

I had bought some stuff from them previously for Christmas and paid for those items (socks) in £s just like the jacket which was also paid in £s via my credit card, I had actually forgotten that I had used Hardloop to buy those other items it was only when I bought the jacket that I realised because I managed to log into the account I set up when I bought the socks.

This morning I've had a letter from Parcel Force demanding £39.05 to deliver the jacket to me that includes £27.05 vat and a 'clearance fee' of £12.

I've just sent Hardloop and email asking for an explantation re the vat issue which seems like I'm being charged vat twice plus the 'clearance fee' of £12 when they're advertising free delivery if you spend more than £50.

Does anyone know if this TVA Totale of £27.45 is actually vat in France BTW?

The invoice is broken down like this below

Product total (Tac excl.) £137.08
Product total (Tac incl.) £164.50
Total Tax £27.42
Total £164.50

Thanks

Tony

Just received this from them, I'm guessing its an out of office reply (need to check Goggle translate).

Aye just an auto reply.

Bonjour Anthony,

Votre demande (154650) a bien été reçue et sera traitée par l’un de nos experts produits.
Nous allons faire notre maximum pour vous répondre sous 24 h.

Bien sportivement,
L'équipe Hardloop

It's a standard acknowledgements reply, says they will do their best to reply within 24h. Oh, and TVA is VAT. Beint French they write it backwards. :)

"If you don't speak French, you're stuffed". Oh, how my heart bleeds. We are dealing with a foreign country and they have their own language, and they refuse to speak ours! It's another EU punishment beating!

Who
F***ing
Knew.
Still, we took back control, didn't we?
My feelings too. I was amazed to see the BBC coming up with this rabble-rousing crap.

I would highly recommend Gill Marine based in Long Eaton near Nottingham.

I have had several jackets, bags, items from Gill, they are high quality. Sale on at the moment.

https://gb.gillmarine.com/

If the jackets work at sea, then on land they excel.

Any chance of a summary @avole ?

Thanks

Being honest here the jacket is worth £200 think that's the cheapest I've seen it out with Hardloop's site and I'll probably stump up the dosh to have it 'released' from PF but hopefully they'll refund me the two charges.
Hi, love to, but I'm not an expert on VAT by any means.I can translate it, if you like, but won't be ready until later tonight as the sun is shining, dogs need walking and I have to visit the Notaire.

Steve, can you help?

Hi, love to, but I'm not an expert on VAT by any means.I can translate it, if you like, but won't be ready until later tonight as the sun is shining, dogs need walking and I have to visit the Notaire.

Steve, can you help?

No need mate, I'll wait on Hardloop getting back to me and take it from there.

Thanks

Tony

This has happened to me several times importing from non EC countries, and I’ve learned the hard way to check carefully where the product is coming from before placing the order.

If you paid by PayPal of your bank you may be able to get a full refund by simply not accepting delivery. It will take time of course. I know this will work with Amazon, but not with other platforms so check if you want to go that route.

This has happened to me several times importing from non EC countries, and I’ve learned the hard way to check carefully where the product is coming from before placing the order.

If you paid by PayPal of your bank you may be able to get a full refund by simply not accepting delivery. It will take time of course. I know this will work with Amazon, but not with other platforms so check if you want to go that route.

I paid with a Halifax Clarity credit card which doesn't have any fees for non UK transactions.

I've told Hardloop in my email to them that I'm considering refusing delivery and going down the refund route Parcel Force will send the jacket back to them after 20 days or they can tell PF to dispose of it.

The bottom line is though that the jacket is still cheaper buying from Hardloop even if I pay the fees but I'm concerned that if it doesn't fit me then God only knows what it's going to cost to send it back to them in that case.

advertisement

Back