advertisement

Annoying things to say to photographer

On the other hand, I was walking through Malaga with my camera a man asked me to use his camera to a picture of him and his family. As I put the camera to my he started to say "You can turn.....", stopping as turned the camera to portrait ..." you do know what you are doing!" As I framed the shot portrait was the obvious way to go.

I recently sold my black paint LHSA M6 TTL at auction. Wasn’t getting used enough and went for ~4X what I paid for it. A good time to prune the collection it seems.

“Oh, you know about cameras, how do I change this?” as they hand me a strange looking compact digital thing.

At Brands Hatch once with my old Canon 40D and 70-200 f/2.8, a weirdo came up to me and insisted that he show me every single photo he’d taken so far that day with his “better than a 40D” 5D3. And every single photo was over-exposed by about two stops, and was the same boring photo as the previous.

“You can’t fail to take a good photo with that camera” used to be a favourite.

And, upon seeing me with my camera in hand, the ever present “I have a friend with a camera and lenses, cost him £6k.” To which I reply with something like “And how much did yours cost?”

advertisement

Back