Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Animals 2018 remix

Discussion in 'music' started by Muttley2, Sep 15, 2022.

1. Muttley2

Muttley2 pfm Member

This cd dropped through my letterbox today so thought I would have a quick listen during lunch. Holy cow sheep pig dog. This is a cracking version, I seriously thought I had surround sound. What a treat for the ears like it was recorded yesterday. Well worth a spin

Leeken likes this.
  2. Peter McDermott

Peter McDermott pfm Member

Is it this one?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B5BB2YFR/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

Peter

3. Muttley2

Muttley2 pfm Member

That’s the one. Great disc. Good music too.

4. dalryc

dalryc pfm Member

I ordered the Deluxe box set for the 5.1 mix but see theres a Blu-ray only version.

I think I'll cancel the box set and order the Blu-ray only.

5. daytona600

daytona600 Registered User

SACD is very , very good
    [​IMG]

6. Theo

Theo pfm Member

It's a shame that they couldn't have added the conjoined version of PotW:

suzywong likes this.
  7. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK Feelin' nearly faded as my jeans

That's a missed opportunity. :(

8. MotelBlues

MotelBlues pfm Member

Perhaps they’re keeping that up their sleeves for when The Kids decree 8-tracks fashionable.

Theo likes this.
  9. BJP

BJP pfm Member

Are you in the UK , I can only find it on pre-order and flipper de doh dah it's expensive .

10. Wolfmancatsup

Wolfmancatsup Empire State Human

It’s on Qobuz as of this morning, so likely to be on other streaming services if that’s an easy way to have a listen for you.

Mick

BJP likes this.
  11. BJP

BJP pfm Member

Thanks Mick , I've just bought the BluRay Audio disc £!6.95 , as much as I wanted it on SACD £55 is a bit too steep .

12. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK Feelin' nearly faded as my jeans

When? It's happening now. All the rage in Dalston craft beer shops I'm sure.

https://8trackheaven.com/collecting/new-8-track-tapes/

Anyone under 40 years of age will not have had prior experience of how s**t they were.

13. Leeken

Leeken Member

Amazing remix,stereo version end up all around you,absolutely fantastic.

14. myles

myles Intentionally left blank

LP incoming this afternoon.

15. mikeyb

mikeyb pfm Member

On the turntable as I type, crackling a bit at the start so it'll need a clean and a return if it remains :(

After that, excellent :)

leroyd likes this.
  16. Fuller

Fuller pfm Member

Walked in to town earlier and bought the remixed CD from an “old fashioned independent” record shop.
    Listened through twice and was quite surprised how some parts sounded different. Certainly got more punch, which it always needed.

17. garyi

garyi leave blank

This has to be the millionth remix, so whats different here?

Tarzan likes this.
  18. Muttley2

Muttley2 pfm Member

I think some of the other releases were remastered while this is a remix a bit like Giles Martin and the Beatles re issues. It’s amazing what can be done to an old recording these days

19. Greyandy

Greyandy pfm Member

Have been listening to it today. My fav PF album and must have listened to the original and remastered hundreds of times.
    The remix takes away the compressed and dark sound of the original but adds so much more. It's a load more dynamic and brings out some hitherto unheard parts (especially Wrights keyboard parts).
    Waters vocal on POtW Pt.1 one are noticeably dryer and more forward.
    It's still the same piece of music, but presented differently. The production and mix of the original was quite 'individual' (i.e. heavily compressed and lacking in significant dynamics) which I think added to the claustrophobic feel of the album and match it's themes, however the remix breathes new life into it, Dogs almost sounds a bit jolly... Would be very interested for Waters or maybe someone like Steven Wilson to have a go at a few other PF albums.
    There was a story doing the rounds a few years ago that on the completion off the recording of DSOTM, the band gave the recordings to a few different producers to mix and then chose the one they liked best for release... this of course raises the question of there being a few other mixes of DSOTM out there somewhere.

20. myles

myles Intentionally left blank

Warped. Sent back for replacement....the wait goes on.