advertisement

Angle Audio phono stages

ifor

Has anyone out there any experience of the Angle Audio phono stages to be had from eBay? If so, have you done any head to head comparisons with other makes?

I'm currently listening to one in my system on loan from a friend, I've not really had much opportunity to listen to it properly yet but he likes it a lot.

initial impressions are its detailed but lacks low end grunt in my system

I had an early version which sounded rather refined and blew-up after about 17 months (the battery). Response from manufacturer unhelpful and I believe cynical.
I've since replaced it with an alternative( not battery operated ).

willyboy - could you elaborate? - I too have one of his battery-operated units.

it's the best of the units I have at my disposal (probably not saying much by the standards here, tbh, but I think it sounds pretty good), and has loading plugs sockets and both MM/MC gain incorporated ... but I've not been too sure about the battery part of it (doesn't seem to hold it's charge brilliantly) - and the power supplies (I'm on my second, which was supposedly an improved 'linear' job).

A good friend has one and he loves it. Didn't a well known box swapper off the Wam have one for a while? He's that well known I can't remember his moniker :(

pickwickpapers

Thank you for your question. The manufacturer has this a.m. offered to look at the unit so it might seem unfair at this stage for me to make further comment. I certainly will get back to you soon as possible.

Willyboy - pm on way to you today - please check your box if you would.

** PM sent - not sure if it went successfully or not, as it's not in my sent box... would be grateful if you let me know if you don't receive...

This WAS a battery problem. Chris (the manufacturer) has since switched to an uprated battery version from the one that came in my early version of the Angle
Audio phono stage.
I returned my unit: Chris updated both the battery and circuitry. It easily betters my Phono Box S using any of my mm cartridges. I think Chris has been more than fair!

advertisement

Back