Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Andy's not sweating.

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Dogberry, Aug 10, 2021.

1. Craig B

Craig B Re:trophile

How about 'anyone who happened to take advantage of my personal supply of underaged sex-trafficked women on or about my properties'.

Too wordy?

2. russel

russel ./_dazed_and_confused

I think Alan Dershowitz name has been mentioned, the one that vigorously defended Epstein in the first place, that guy is going to be one tough nut to crack he is as slippery as a Teflon coated eel.

3. Craig B

And 'disgusting', according to Larry David.

russel likes this.
  4. clivem2

clivem2 pfm Member

There are various influences that we can guess at that may have made the Met take no further action but a big one must be that 17 isn't underage in the UK. What might have been looked at? Possibly something to do with coercing said female into having sex. Tough to prove if there are no witnesses or some form of proof.

5. dweezil

dweezil pfm Member

So far the only evidence seems to be that photo. If Dershowitz is on $2500 per hour plus disbursements and a success bonus Andy had an expensive evening whether legal or not.

6. Thorn

Thorn pfm Member

Your Latin is poor.

7. russel

russel ./_dazed_and_confused

fify

8. clivem2

clivem2 pfm Member

Pah, talk about tampering with the evidence.

9. Joe Hutch

Joe Hutch Mate of the bloke

Others factors are that Epstein is dead and Maxwell about to stand trial in the USA.

10. Enfield boy

Enfield boy pfm Member

Perhaps she considers our gun laws mean she's less likely to wind up dead? Also perhaps what's left of "the special relationship" might make that naive.

11. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

it's not an underage complaint, it's that she says that she was coerced into it and so didn't consent of her own free will.

12. Craig B

In September, Guffre's legal team issued Andrew with a writ ahead of his pre-trial in New York. The ensuing summons notified the Duke that he had 21 days from a set date to respond or face a default judgment on the charges. Anything that the London Met does or doesn't do seems immaterial at this point.

PsB likes this.
  13. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

Absolutely right

14. MikeMA

MikeMA pfm Member

Wouldn't the fact that the alleged offence - which from what you say isn't an offence in the United Kingdom - took place in another jurisdiction also have a bearing? Were the UK authorities asked to carry out any sort of investigation by the appropriate authorities in the USA? If not what would the Met Police be investigating? How does this work in a civil case I wonder?

15. clivem2

clivem2 pfm Member

I’m not sufficiently knowledgeable about the law but I’d have thought that potential offences committed by Britons abroad are not particularly of interest to the U.K. police as the legal system in the US should cover the situation. Yes the police here should be interested if there is evidence of illegal behaviour abroad and this is carried over to illegal behaviour the U.K. This being a civil, not criminal case, as you suggest must have a bearing too.

It’s an unholy mess involving unsavoury and arrogant individuals, at least one of whom who is very much a relic from what most of us hope is a long gone era.

Nytechy likes this.
  16. Barrymagrec

Barrymagrec pfm Member

17. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

With so many US security people in Glasgow and Edinburgh for COP, I assume he’ll not be accompanying mum in case he ends up on a rendition flight in black-out goggles, ear defenders, wearing an orange jump suit

MUTTY1 likes this.
  18. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr Well, I can dream, can’t I?

That would be a COP out

Barrymagrec likes this.
  19. Mynamemynaim

Mynamemynaim 38yrs a Naim owner

They are not letting go of this....I think Andrew's starting to sweat a little now...

No doubt the Americans will be persuaded to "not pursue" the matter eventually by someone in the government

20. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

We could do an exchange with the diplomatic immunity woman who killed the motorcyclist in a hit & run.