advertisement

Andy's not sweating.

This ‘serving’ is such a ridiculous technicality, unless I misunderstand it all anyone has to do is keep out of the way of the servers, pretty easy for someone with Andy’s protection force.

According to today’s Times Proper service of civil law claims in England can be achieved by first-class post to a known address of the respondent, who is considered to be served within three working days. Recently they have accepted service in civil claims via email and social media.

I was taught in school that it had to be served by an official, I think a court bailiff or police officer, with a witness, and they had to give a scripted speech including the words "I serve you" and ensure that it touched your hand.

I would imagine that with UK authorities involved they will send the relevant official with a police officer and the papers and say "I require to see"
I would imagine Andy has surrounded himself day and night by bodyguards with his gloved hands held high in the air :)

According to today’s Times Proper service of civil law claims in England can be achieved by first-class post to a known address of the respondent, who is considered to be served within three working days. Recently they have accepted service in civil claims via email and social media.
An outbreak of common sense!

This will be interesting.

Given that the case will be heard in an American court, assuming it gets that far, I wonder if the proceedings will be televised, or does that only happen in criminal as opposed to civil cases I wonder?

Balmoral’s postie, Ruraidh MacLeod aged 64, was shot dead by an SAS sniper as he approached the main gate on his bicycle as he had done for the past 40 years.

MUDGxxX.jpg

Not sure I understand Andrew’s defence about papers not being properly served. AIUI the purpose of serving papers is the defendant knows what they are being accused of, after all this time, all the headlines and all the publicity, how can Prince Andrew be ignorant of what he is being accused of?

Case will be heard, he will lose, damages will be awarded, he will never go to the US or anywhere that risks ending up there.

If he chooses not to attend the hearing in the US, he cannot be compelled to do so. Not sure why his advisors are nit-picking about proper service when he won't attend anyway.

advertisement

Back