advertisement

Andrew Weatherall RIP

Yeah that’s a great watch, trouble is it reminds me of just how much we’ve all lost by his passing. :(

He made me a special mix (*) when he found out I had been diagnosed with spms, a true gent and utterly genuine person indeed.

* : I booked him a number of times to play club nights/festivals since late 90’s and I count myself privileged to have known and spent many a night in his effervescent company.

Many hours of fun there - thanks!

Also this just came out

The bit at the end where Sean Johnson says "He's my mate, I miss him" caught me out earlier (bit dusty in here etc.)

We're off to A Love From Outer Space at Phonox tomorrow - really looking forward to it; but it'll be bittersweet without him.

There's a series of club events coming up, around what would have been his 60th birthday - one at Fabric, one at The Golden Lion in Todmorden, one at The Berkeley Suite in Glasgow, and one in Belfast.
The line ups are pretty great.

...and on a related note, I'm very pleased to have grabbed tickets for A Love From Outer Space at Phonox on 6th May (though a bit miffed we can't make the one next weekend).

There's a series of club events coming up, around what would have been his 60th birthday - one at Fabric, one at The Golden Lion in Todmorden, one at The Berkeley Suite in Glasgow, and one in Belfast.
The line ups are pretty great.
As a small gesture I will post our school photo from 1975 and we can play the “Where’s Weatherall” game.

Coincidentally I played a few AW mixes last night. Man was an absolute genius. Remember going to The Complex, ( post Club UK ) in Islington for the Friday night techno and trance session. Stumbled onto a room with Andy playing a rockabilly set! Darn good it was, just not what I'd expected!
Jono_13 You comment on The Fight Path Estate mixes.Yes they are well named given the aerial approach via Windsor. It was also the title of a Weatherall project.
Two Lone Swordsmen – The Fifth Mission (Return To The Flightpath Estate)

advertisement

Back