advertisement

And those with few black boxes wanteth more and those with many black boxes wanteth fewer.....

NaimClontarf

pfm Member
I have a Nait 2 on my LP12 vinyl system and a Nait 3 on my CCA streaming system....I really feel the need for NACs NAPs Snaxos Snaics NDXs DR and maybe even a Burndey....

What should I do?

Keep taking the tablets.....

Create a third system to 'experiment' with.

I have accumulated an olive active SBL system and it sounds great, but it isn't be the system I would keep if I could only have one.

Jim

Definitely, I never look back from the dizzy heights of my Linn active system:)
I’ve used a Nait 2 with a variety of speakers and it’s sounded very good... I still use a Linn active system. It does help that linn make that easy with active cards, easily adaptable speakers largely uniform boxes. Going down the same road with Naim requires more boxes and cabling.

I have a Nait 2 on my LP12 vinyl system and a Nait 3 on my CCA streaming system....I really feel the need for NACs NAPs Snaxos Snaics NDXs DR and maybe even a Burndey....

What should I do?
If you want it, you’ve got room for it and you can afford it, go for it. If you buy secondhand Naim gear carefully, once you’ve scratched the itch, at least you shouldn’t make much of a loss when you decide to sell it on.

not much of a loss...love that phrase.
Well I owned an olive 62/180 Naim set up for about 15 years and sold it for about what I paid for it - that of course doesn’t take into account inflation. Nevertheless, I can’t think of any other consumer goods I’ve ever bought that even got close to that.

Well I owned an olive 62/180 Naim set up for about 15 years and sold it for about what I paid for it - that of course doesn’t take into account inflation. Nevertheless, I can’t think of any other consumer goods I’ve ever bought that even got close to that.

I'm sure Naim hold their prices quite well in the home market; I wish it could be said of other markets where they're comparatively unknown; unfortunately not the case.

Cheers

... so when you have too much stuff you want less of it.

And when you have only a little, you want more.

That’s what modern life is all about!

I've owned 4xLP12s and made money on each one. I even made money on a car once, bought a scruffy Astra for loose change, drove it for 18 months, took it to France and back for work, came back with more value in wine than the car and eventually sold it for more than I'd paid. No power steering, so I had arms like a boxer after every 3 point turn.

advertisement

Back