advertisement

Analogue Man, Retired. (Simon Yorke)

Agree with this. What did well adjusted people ever do for us eh? : )

Also... MIDDLE-AGED MEN DON'T THINK MUCH OF MODERN POP MUSIC SHOCKER!
There's a photo of Beyonce in some sort of silver outfit on the BBC website today. My word. Be careful where you look at it, I still don't think it should be on the BBC website, but here you are. I may just have to have another look. My word...

I saw Fontaines DC recently, and they were excellent. Two age groups present: 18 to 25, or 40 plus. Maybe the 30somethings couldn’t get babysitters.

There's a photo of Beyonce in some sort of silver outfit on the BBC website today. My word. Be careful where you look at it, I still don't think it should be on the BBC website, but here you are. I may just have to have another look. My word...

...er, yes. :oops:

Saw it. Disgraceful and needs to be called outo_O

I cracked a tooth on Thursday and spent an agonising 30 minutes waiting in the dentists reception area seated no more than a few feet away from a speaker tuned to Capital playing track after track of the most repetitively inane auto tuned girly voiced nursery rhyme pop I wanted to scream-truly Guantanamo levels of torture, it was relentless empty headed shite without any of the relief offered by an occasional classy tune/ artist as would’ve happened back in t’day:)

That's more like it. I was beginning to worry that the worthy "you're only as old as you feel" types were in the ascendancy. You have put them in their place for pages, at least.

Thing is... your parents, and most certainly grandparents, probably thought the same about your choice of listening when you were a teenager. My grandfather had some rum comments about watching top of the pops back in he day! He was only slight less disparaging when I played Supertramp's Crime of the Century on his Hacker stereo!

The only time I've ever known my father to run up stairs, or anywhere actually, was when, as a teenager, I was playing a particularly sef acid house choon and he genuinely thought that the washing machine had come off its bearings and was due to explode without immediate disconnection.

Women don't like being treated as sex objects.

Could you explain what this has to do with Beyonce owning her s**t and being who she wants to be? She's been a long time advocate and role model for female empowerment.

This all reminds of a wonderful item on Radio 5 I heard some years ago, where listeners were invited to suggest their own 'if so and so married so and so they'd be...etc.' Someone phoned in and said if Beyonce married Roy Castle she'd be Beyonce Castle. Bloody genius! :)

advertisement

Back