Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Analogue Addicts Archive

Discussion in 'audio' started by Jo Sharp, Apr 4, 2021.

1. Jo Sharp

Jo Sharp Pulls on doors marked push

I have been sorting through an old back-up hard drive and found my archive of the Analogue Addicts emails from 1997. It has several files containing probably thousands of 'posts'. I suspect there are some Fishies who have fond memories of this HiFi proto-forum. I'm wondering if there is any interest in restoring or sharing this resource; and if so how might it best be achieved. Also might there be any copyright issues?

The original 'owner' IIRC was Gary Markowitz.

Suggestions anyone?

2. cre009

cre009 pfm Member

3. Jo Sharp

The links shown in the list don't work. And the viewer programme is blocked by my anti-virus! So it looks like this site no longer works...

4. cre009

cre009 pfm Member

I grabbed the zip files a while ago when the site was still live. Each one contained a txt file eg aav1n0.txt was contained in aa1n0.zip. This first one has a compilation of hundreds of email posts from 96 through to 97. I never bothered with the viewer.

Do your copies use the same naming convention?

5. Jo Sharp

Yes they do.

6. cre009

cre009 pfm Member

I have the following text files
    aav1n0.txt
    aav1n1.txt
    aav1n2.txt
    aav1n3.txt
    aav2n0.txt
    aav2n1.txt