advertisement

AN Old Star (401) is reborn

My 401, which has been serviced by Loricraft, takes about 2 or 3 minutes for its speed to stabilise.

I am going to order a new Supercap soon to boost the performance which is already good.

Regards

Mick

Originally posted by Mick Parry
My 401, which has been serviced by Loricraft, takes about 2 or 3 minutes for its speed to stabilise.

I am going to order a new Supercap soon to boost the performance which is already good.

Regards

Mick

Mick,

That's good. Martin Bastin reckons about 20-30 mins. You know, I wasn't especially clear in my previous post. The 401 comes up to speed quick enough. But then, as it warms up, it will speed up gradually. The motor is sensitive to a) voltage & b) temperature. The motor has an optimum temperature/voltage. Mine needs more than 2-3 minutes to reach that point.

BTW, ever considered an Avondale APX2 for the prefix? It would probably be a lot more cost effective than a Supercap.

Peter

You asked..."BTW, ever considered an Avondale APX2 for the prefix? It would probably be a lot more cost effective than a Supercap."

No I haven't. Naim produces good quality stuff and I like their sound etc. I won't say any more or we will have the mouth foaming mob coming in.

Regards

Mick

No I haven't. Naim produces good quality stuff and I like their sound etc. I won't say any more or we will have the mouth foaming mob coming in.
Mick - a much more restrained response than I was anticipating from you - red rags and bulls and all that ;)

Originally posted by Mick Parry
You asked..."BTW, ever considered an Avondale APX2 for the prefix? It would probably be a lot more cost effective than a Supercap."

Regards

Mick

Well, of course I could not know your position on Avondale. I was being cheeky.

Peter

Just did a quick reset up this morning. If you tighten the deck to tightly to it's plinth the mid bass seems to go away. only have a turn past finger tight is just right.

Peter

advertisement

Back