advertisement

Amptastic Mini-1 for sale again

To anyone after an Amptastic. They've all sold out on the Amptastic ebay shop...

However, I bought one a month ago. Its brand spanking, never used, as I bought it to be the basis of a bedroom system for my son, but I've just bought him something else. As I already own another one, this one won't get used.

Therefore, for sale for what I paid. £130 to your door. See my ad on the wam, which also has proof of purchase.

Brand new. All sold out. Anyone felt like they missed out... here's your chance.

https://www.hifiwigwam.com/threads/...d-new-never-used-bought-one-month-ago.119504/

Amptastic Mini - Fabulous amplifier, not just for the money, but Fabulous amplifier, FULL STOP!

I guess the caveat with any piece of hifi is how it sits within a system, whether or not there is synergy. The Mini sounds SO good in my Audio Note system - can’t quite believe it! I bought one a month ago and was so impressed, I subsequently bought another one.

A little context. My previous amplifier retails at 30 times the cost of The Mini. The amp before that retails at 250 times the cost of The Mini.

Whoa, Happy days!

I’m thinking of pairing mine with a set of Q Acoustics 3020i’s for my home office near-field set up.

Looks like they have a sensitivity of 88db and an average of 6 ohms load.

Any feedback on whether that setup would be adequate?

I’m not looking for anything more than comfortable volume while I work.

I’m thinking of pairing mine with a set of Q Acoustics 3020i’s for my home office near-field set up.

I have briefly done exactly that since one daughter has the Q Acoustics. Sounds very nice near field, sensible volume.

I nearly bought another Mini-1 but have a few Temples also and they are as good but different IMO. The Amptastic was my main amp for over two years with Audio Note AX2s, a really nice system. I did set it to power amp only and stick a Sean Jacobs LPSU on it but then it's a £500 amp instead of £100. Either way, it's great not only for the money but just great.

I have briefly done exactly that since one daughter has the Q Acoustics. Sounds very nice near field, sensible volume.

I nearly bought another Mini-1 but have a few Temples also and they are as good but different IMO. The Amptastic was my main amp for over two years with Audio Note AX2s, a really nice system. I did set it to power amp only and stick a Sean Jacobs LPSU on it but then it's a £500 amp instead of £100. Either way, it's great not only for the money but just great.

Wonderful - thanks for the feedback.

Welcome aboard Pms! Sounds like the wee Amptastic is hitting the spot for you.

I was at my neice's flat-warming party the other night (her first home) and noticed a turntable on her sideboard; "Yeah, but I don't have an amplifier for it, to make it work..." she said. I'm very tempted to get a Mini-1 for her and a pair of Kef Eggs as a gift.
Lovely idea and she could obviously do a lot worse, but don't forget she'll also need a phono stage.

I have pretty much exactly the same setup. I use 2020i's though. I would say it depends on how far away you can mount the speakers - I have a corner desk, and that brings the (wall mounted) speakers a little too close to me - the left speaker is closer and it creates a fairly significant channel imbalance. They are fairly deep speakers - and the 3020's look to be pretty much the same depth.

However, the Amptastic drives the speakers plenty loud enough. I use a Scarlett 2i2 and run my bass through it into the PC, and the system handles that without a problem.

Just promoted my Amptastic from the bench...

It's now set up in my office with a set of Q Acoustics Concept 20 speakers and a CCA.

Very near field setup (literally on the desk whilst I work from it), also in the box room of my house, which serves as my office. But darn, it sounds good...

I just love it. It's so tiny and unassuming. You could easily assume its rubbish, which could not be further from the truth.

A true little gem of an amp. Love it.

’m thinking of pairing mine with a set of Q Acoustics 3020i’s

Am I right in that Q Acoustic 30xx range are a bit harder to run than 20xx range ?
Maybe old Rega Kyte , Wharfedale Diamonds or Tannoy Mercury could be alternative choice if looking for s/h ?

You didn’t? Are you missing the spare one that you sold? :D
Not guilty. Wasn't me that bought it.

My one is now being used in my office system. The spare one I bought intended for son (who I then bought something else) is now sold.

I'd have no use for another. But assuming there's still one left. Someone should buy it quick.

Complete bargain these things.

The one I bought earlier this year has become ornamental so I won't be buying the last one. If I hadn't discovered the Addis pad combo and gotten transformative results in my living room system I reckon the Amptastic would have been getting used quite often (as a headphone amp). As it is, my pimped up system has killed any desire to use headphones. What's more, I've gone and pimped up my bedroom system as well so the Amptastic has really fallen down the list in terms of preference and desire.

But I absolutely won't sell it because I know that given a fair chance to shine in the right environment, it's an amp that will bring a whole lot of joy and pleasure. I've no idea where and when and how that's going to happen, but I'd not want to give up that chance, that's for sure.

advertisement

Back