advertisement

[WTD] Amplifier for acoustic guitar wanted

Not for sale but I've used a Trace Acoustic TA 50 for 30 odd years. Was highly regarded in its day and the preference for many of my acoustic heroes. Sometimes see these on Ebay at ridiculous prices, meaning far too cheap or far too expensive. If you can pick one up cheap, they are hard to beat with the bonus of having an additional channel for a mic. I'd say £250 for a very good example but seen them go for a hundred or less.

I have a small PA system which could be an alternative???? *" dual concentric speakers, 100 watt a side powered mixer and a padded gig bag which holds it all. Speakers have brackets to mount on mic stand. Weight just over 15kg. PM me for full details if interested.

I assume it's a electric / acoustic ? if it is I have a small Orange amp that I have never used , Not even plugged it in
Let me know if you want details / photos ?

My missus has an absolutely fantastic AER 50 watt (I think) combo she was talking about selling. Made for singer songwriter to perform with. It sounds lovely. Proper professional kit.
It look very similar to this one, based on a quick image search, but I'd need to double check the correct model number. It is about 15 years old and has only done a handful of gigs. Has reverb and chorus and balanced mic input.

Let me know if interested.

Just picked up a Spark Positive Grid, 90 quid off in the Black Friday sale. Wasn't impressed remotely trying my electric guitars but plugging in the electro acoustics, this thing sounds Glorious. Compact, nice looking and goes plenty loud for me at 40 watts. No doubt further experiments on the electric side should be nice but initially thought nothing was remotely subtle unless your into Heavy Metal :-(

advertisement

Back