advertisement

Amp suggestions for Totem Hawk

x21

pfm Member
Hi all.

I am wondering what would be a good amp for Totem Hawks. My budget is around 3000 CAD

I used Parasounds (A21 and Halo Hint) to great effect with Totems (Hawks and Embers). You should be able to get a good deal on a Halo Hint used and they have some excellent features.

Funny, I had my Nap 140 up against a Parasound and a Rotel, both which was 10x times the physical size, much more watt too, the little 140 performed better no doubt.
Speakers were not Hawks though.

Funny, I had my Nap 140 up against a Parasound and a Rotel, both which was 10x times the physical size, much more watt too, the little 140 performed better no doubt.
In an A/B test/demo, my little stock NAP 110 did put a shame to a monster big Bryston 4B !
Speakers were Dynaudio special 40 and then large custom made floor standers.

If your speakers have no metal dome tweeters, the 140 would be a very good option and will rock the Totems big time !
They are metallic domes.
I used Parasounds (A21 and Halo Hint) to great effect with Totems (Hawks and Embers). You should be able to get a good deal on a Halo Hint used and they have some excellent features.
I'll have to try.
I am just uncomfortable pushing the naim up past 11 o'clock. I regularly push the brio to 12 or even 1.

I had Hawks, first with 72/Hicap/140, which was good, but then with a Leema Tucana which is a beast of an integrated. The Hawks definitely appreciated a bit of power, IMO.

I had Hawks, first with 72/Hicap/140, which was good, but then with a Leema Tucana which is a beast of an integrated. The Hawks definitely appreciated a bit of power, IMO.
I don't really have enough money to fix the 140. Perhaps I should sell my hawks for a set of rainmakers. I am quite happy with my brio and mite combo. The hawks are definitely something though.

advertisement

Back