advertisement

America's Cup

1 each again today and some more good racing . NZ may have the slightly faster boat in clean air but this is going to be pretty close

Great stuff - saved up both days to watch tonight. Seems like it's going to be a close and exciting race. If I was a betting man it'd be NZ.

The problem is that we know more about LR, so ETNZ is a dark horse. But those smaller foils are intriguing, especially as they resumed flight so quickly after dunking before the start.
Great stuff

That's going to be four hours of my weekend's afternoon written off being glued to the TV. I'm backing the cunning of Burling over the aggression of Spithill.

Still honours even but NZ did give the Italians a good demonstration of their speed in clean air in race 2 and biggest win to date

I hope there's more wind today and that makes things more competitive because I keep tuning in after the start and the race is already over. The boats are impressive but the races just aren't exciting.

I hope there's more wind today and that makes things more competitive because I keep tuning in after the start and the race is already over. The boats are impressive but the races just aren't exciting.
I don't think it could get any more exciting or dramatic than today's two races. First time there's a change in the leading yacht, but that was not all ...

That was stressful. The scoreline in the second could have gone either way if there had been a different puff. Not sure it qualifies as racing but hey

Touch downs are very costly and NZ were 4 minutes behind , luckily for them the Italians made the same error and allowed NZ to win but does seem a harsh way to loose a race but that is the nature of the boats . NZ did do well in race 1 with a great overtake and commanding win so now looking the favourites

Light winds and splashdowns notwithstanding, the other major variable seem to be mainsail/jib choice. As a supporter for ETNZ, I'm heartened to see that Te Rehutai seems capable of flying faster than LR, even in light winds. But I'd never discount the wily Spithill until the racing is over.

Today was even better - although only one race it was a proper match race; lead changes, tactics, wind shifts and maybe a bit of local knowledge. Still nervous about tomorrow.

Looks like the challenger of record will be RYS, so definitely a UK team involved next time around (hopefully not getting ahead of myself, it is J Spittal after all).

What a race. As much as I want NZ to win, I’d have liked LR to win that one. 6-3 is very difficult to pull back from...

6-3 is very difficult to pull back from...
Not near as difficult as 8-1, but Spithill did just that in 2013 to beat Team NZ in San Francisco 9-8. So I'm keeping the champagne firmly corked until the racing is over.

advertisement

Back