advertisement

Amcron D150

hifi_dave

Hi-Fi Retailer
I've got an Amcron D150 which is a USA version and I want to convert it to GB voltage. I believe that the voltage taps to do this are behind the front panel but I can't get it off !!!

I have the manual (thanks DSJR) but it doesn't actually say how to remove the front panel. I have removed every likely screw but still can't budge the front.

What am I doing wrong ?

Help please.:)

Has it got handles for rack mounting? If so, I assume you've removed them as well as the other screws. There are several full service manuals to download, but they seem to give the impression that everything can be done by taking off the top and bottom of the case.

If it has an "Amcron" badge then it was made for export markets, in the US domestic market these amps are sold as "Crown".

BIG_CROWN_D150.jpg

d150a.jpg

I think the rack ear adapters have to come off before the front panel can be removed. I'd try to find a back door access to that part of the circuit.

Yes, it has got rack mount bracket thingys but removing those and every other screw I can see, the front panel still doesn't come off. All I can think, is that the front is held on with corroosion or (maybe) heat-sink compund as I have found with some other amps. I have also removed the rear cover over the transformer but couldn't find any entry to the tags there.

My amp is a 'Crown' and is a D150 not the 150A with pots.

It's been several decades since I've seen one of these and sadly I have no memory at all of how the insides are accessed.

advertisement

Back