advertisement

Amazon Warranty Claims

andyoz

pfm Member
Any experts here understand the ins and outs of sorting warranty claims on items bought via Amazon.

Looking at this link it states to look in 'Your Orders', find the item and then if eligible click the relevant option: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201819360

Which items can be repaired?
If your item appears to be defective more than 30 days after the receipt of the order, it might be eligible for the repair service. If your item is eligible for repair, you'll be offered this as an option in the Returns Support Centre. You'll be able to send the item directly to the third-party repairer.

When I got to "Your Orders" I see big difference int he options listed for all the items I've bought.

The particular Item I have an issue with has a 12 month warranty from the manufacturer but Amazon shown no option to start the warranty Claim. The manufacturers site say claim must be done via the seller (Amazon) of course.

I emailed the manufacturers anyway but a bit confused about Amazon on this..

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Any experts here understand the ins and outs of sorting warranty claims on items bought via Amazon.

Looking at this link it states to look in 'Your Orders', find the item and then if eligible click the relevant option: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201819360

If your item appears to be defective more than 30 days after the receipt of the order, it might be eligible for the repair service. If your item is eligible for repair, you'll be offered this as an option in the Returns Support Centre. You'll be able to send the item directly to the third-party repairer.

When I got to "Your Orders" I see big difference int he options listed for all the items I've bought.

The particular Item I have an issue with has a 12 month warranty from the manufacturer but Amazon shown no option to start the warranty Claim. The manufacturers site say claim must be done via the seller (Amazon) of course.

Best bet is get into a chat session with an Amazon CS rep. I had similar with a TV out of 30 days which the manufacturer refused to repair, Amazon sent me a brand new TV after a couple of chat sessions and then collected the faulty one letting me use the packaging, this was a few years back but no reason to think they won’t help you out.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Just get into chat with them. I think at this stage I spend so much bloody money on amazon they do not even question it, just send it back to them with free postage and as soon as it hits the royal mail scan I have a refund.

OK, after going down a few sub menus I've found the chat option. Jesus Amazon have ALOT of menu's/options on their site...

I'm still a bit Old Skool and look for either an email of phone number!

Your contract is with Amazon as is the 12 month warranty.
Do not let them try to fob you off with dealing with the manufacturer, that’s their job in the first 12 months.

Defective Items After 30 Days
Troubleshooting and product support may be available to resolve any issues with your product, as outlined in the Product Support Help page. If your item becomes defective after the Amazon return period, Amazon will repair any defective item. The repair will be completed by the manufacturer or by a third-party repair service provider authorised by the manufacturers to repair their products. If a repair is not possible, we'll send you a replacement, and if a replacement is not available, we will refund the purchase price. Repair is only available for qualifying items sold by Amazon.co.uk or Amazon Warehouse. Amazon does not accept a return after 30 days for consumable products (e.g. batteries, fuses, ink, light bulbs, etc.) or if the defect is due to accidental damage, deliberate damage, caused by external factors, or general wear and tear. For more information go to About Warranty Repairs.

advertisement

Back