advertisement

Amazon Prime TV Security

Copperjacket

pfm Member
Are there any security issues using Amazon Prime to Stream movies etc on TV please?

I happily admit to being a bit of a luddite but the current lack of decent films is making me want to give this a try.

If it makes any difference, I will be using LG and Samsung TVs.

Many thanks

Seems to me that the biggest security risk is when you come to pay for rental/purchased films via Prime Video, rather than going online to Amazon and ordering it there.
It always asks me for a password at the point of paying though.
I always keep myself logged out of Amazon until I need it..

Not only have I never suffered at the hands of poor security with Amazon, I’ve never even heard of anyone else suffering. I know there’ll be people out there who have, but...

Not only have I never suffered at the hands of poor security with Amazon, I’ve never even heard of anyone else suffering. I know there’ll be people out there who have, but...

I haven't had any security problems either using Amazon, the only issue I've recently found is that Amazon Prime only gives you access to films and Tv in SD. They want £2.49 per episode to watch it HD. This is robbery by Amazon themselves as the SD is so poor, anyone with decent eyesight and a Tv bigger than 19" isn't going to be impressed.

Amazon are shooting themselves in the foot is they plan on being a serious competitor to Netflix.

I haven't had any security problems either using Amazon, the only issue I've recently found is that Amazon Prime only gives you access to films and Tv in SD. They want £2.49 per episode to watch it HD. This is robbery by Amazon themselves as the SD is so poor, anyone with decent eyesight and a Tv bigger than 19" isn't going to be impressed.

Amazon are shooting themselves in the foot is they plan on being a serious competitor to Netflix.

That’s not the case with my telly, in fact a few things are available in 4K with a basic Prime subscription. Better than Netflix, in fact, which charges a premium for 4K stuff.

That’s not the case with my telly, in fact a few things are available in 4K with a basic Prime subscription. Better than Netflix, in fact, which charges a premium for 4K stuff.

We get the Netflix service through our Sky subscription. 4K is all included.

And the Grand Tour in 4K is included in Prkme.

I have experienced a security breach with Amazon. They sent me an email reply that meant to be for someone else and it contained sensitive info about their account and included some personal details.

I’ve not found that to be the case. Do you an example?

I'll have do a screen shot of the picture quality we get and the charges they've put up. Is anyone else accessing Amazon through the app on the Virgin platform?

I’m with Virgin, but I access Prime using an Apple TV.

The only thing I can think of is that the resolution will decrease automatically if there’s a slow connection.

I have experienced a security breach with Amazon. They sent me an email reply that meant to be for someone else and it contained sensitive info about their account and included some personal details.

was that you as a customer or you as a business seller?

Was it an automated email or email with human intervention?

I’m with Virgin, but I access Prime using an Apple TV.

The only thing I can think of is that the resolution will decrease automatically if there’s a slow connection.

We on the 200Mbps service so I can't see it being that. Netflix looks great through the same Virgin box. I'll have to have a play around with the box & see what's happening.

Ah it looks like I've messed up as I only have basic Prime for free delivery and it only gives me access to Prime Video which you have to pay extra for. Makes sense now.

I've done all my bulk purchasing so will be canceling Prime for that and can't see me paying for Amazon Video since we've got enough to get through on Netflix and whatever else is showing on the main channels. And then there's music to listen to, work to do. There's only so many hours in the day.

advertisement

Back