Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Amazon Prime Day/Black Friday

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Brian, Oct 13, 2020.

1. tuga

tuga Legal Alien

Tony, can you create this?

It would save us money and help PFM.

2. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

It’s link affiliation, every time someone posts an Amazon link here it is tagged and I get a referral fee for anything bought as a result of sending that business there way. It is done automatically and largely transparently (the tag is visible in the URL). eBay is just the same.

Jono_13 and Ponty like this.
  3. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

I’ll have a think, maybe just let this thread morph into it. I’m not sure it merits a separate room like the ‘Interesting eBay Auctions’ one, but that’s an option too if folk like the idea. The beauty is any link that appears anywhere on the site to product on Amazon.co.uk works (I’m not registered with most of the international ones as we have so few outlinks to them).

4. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

this is just so generalised. We shop all the time from Amazon - this week at least 4 things, and always I check the price and it is rarely more expensive

Brian and Suffolk Tony like this.
  5. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

Well that was a damp squib after all the brouhaha before it.

6. Brian

Brian Eating fat, staying slim

Just want to say I know this and it is really why I started the thread.

I wish the people posting in this thread just to whinge about amazon would bugger off, as a more polite way of saying what I actually think.

7. gintonic

8. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Some decent booze deals, e.g. Laphroig Quarter Cask for £25 (link) and Scapa Glansa for £33 (link). The Amazon iPad app is borked though, just not showing the deals, I’m having to search via the web page, then buy via the app!

Some classical box-set deals too (link).

Weekender likes this.
  9. Brian

That looks good, half price. I have told my SO.

gintonic likes this.
  10. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

Plus Lagavulin 9 and Woodford Reserve.

11. Brian

One of the best pieces of kitchen equipment we've ever bought. We have 3 of these bought after originally seeing a link to it for sale on Amazon here on pfm.

29% off the usual price.

Instant Pot

Weekender likes this.
  12. gintonic

we are thinking about one for the kitchen (recipes etc)

13. farfromthesun

farfromthesun pfm Member

I love my rice cooker.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
  14. Spike

Spike pfm Member

gintonic likes this.
  15. rbrown

rbrown I think therefore I think I am

400g is about a fiver in Tescos so that doesn't look like a great deal.

16. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

This morning I’d swear I found AirPods on a prime day deal, but now can’t find them for the the life of me. Am I going mad and/or stupid, or are they there somewhere?

17. Nero

Nero Wiped Clean

These? They are reduced, but prolly not Prime Day specific

18. hc25036

hc25036 pfm Member

19. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

The ones I saw were 119.99 with extra 20% off at check out. Perhaps they’ve disappeared?

20. windhoek

windhoek The Phoolosopher

They would have been for purchase from Amazon Warehouse as AW were offering 20% selected items. No doubt, someone bought them and now they're gone.