1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Amazon music player warning!!!

Discussion in 'audio' started by Emlin, Jun 29, 2020.

1. AudioAl

AudioAl pfm Member

I have Amazon prime , And thought if you downloaded a film it was like a visit to the cinema , Buy your ticket ( Download ) then view said film , Then go home , I dont think you own the film only the right to view it

Bob McC and narabdela like this.
  2. Darren L

Darren L pfm Member

No, on top of the subscription fee sometimes you had a choice to buy or hire a film or season of a drama, sometimes no choice was given you could either buy the film or season or do without/ go elsewhere. Especially programmes like GOT, which Amazon had a monopoly on, you could either buy the new season or wait until the DVD was released, no hire option was available. Generally when I buy something I expect to own that something until such times as I either bin it, sell it or wear it out.

3. Zombie

Zombie pfm Member

Do you really give money to a company who's owner sacks workers that want protection from the covid virus while working?

Emlin likes this.
  4. Darren L

Darren L pfm Member

I don't give them anything now, in fact I never did, it was always Tracy who paid for TV related stuff, on principal no I wouldn't wish to support any employer that treats its staff like a disposable commodity.

5. AudioAl

AudioAl pfm Member

Thant's why I only buy vinyl or CD , none of this download tosh

6. Darren L

Darren L pfm Member

Yep, I totally agree, when I comes to music I'll try to buy the record if available and make do with a CD if not, for movies I honestly preferred going to Blockbusters, 3 movies for a fiver, a massive bag of popcorn and big bag of pic n mix, oh the good old days, lol