advertisement

Amazon music player warning!!!

Emlin

MQA Hater!
Earlier today I deleted the Amazon Music Player from my PC, only to find that it had not just deleted itself but the whole of my music collection. Everything!!!

Luckily I had a backup of most of it, but this is seriously malicious behaviour.

Beware the Amazon!

Bezos has billions, but still can't sit back and stop being a bastard.

I believe if downloads are part of a subscription then they are only “lent” whilst you remain subscribed unless you have paid for each download separately.
I could be wrong though.....

I believe if downloads are part of a subscription then they are only “lent” whilst you remain subscribed unless you have paid for each download separately.

These weren't downloads, these were CDs personally ripped by me! About 700 of them.

I had an Amazon Prime sub and bought various movies and programmes, when I decided that it wasn't worth it and stopped my sub I lost all the movies, etc that I had paid for on top of a sub fee. It felt like legitimised theft. An absolute rip off. I will never pay a sub fee again for TV, movies or music. I'll stick to the traditional method of buying a hard copy, that way I get to keep it. As far as I'm concerned they can stick their online sub services where the sun doesn't shine.

I deleted Amazon Music off of my Android phone about 2 weeks ago and it left my own mp3s alone. They were still there. Maybe differences between platforms?

Was your music collection sitting in the Amazon directory or elsewhere? I’m asking because if you delete an app you can expect the directory structure which came with it to be deleted. If it deleted files not in that structure then that is wrong.

Not that I know about these intangible sources of music, but I can't help drawing a parallel between Amazon and piranha fish, reading the above.

Not sure how this could have happened, but the moral of the story is, backup, backup, backup!

I have copies of my ripped music collection in two remote locations.

I think my only transaction with Amazon that I’m aware of was buying some headphones with a gift card I was given I think three years ago. Nothing before and nothing since.
My brothers three kids are prolific Amazon buyers and not a day goes past without a package or packages being delivered to his house for collection at the weekends!

No issues with deleting any of the Music platforms off my Mac; all the files that were there are still there with no issues

A bit of user error maybe?

I use that application with about 500gig of ripped music - thanks for the warning!

On Amazon more generally, they are unstoppable and have won the war. Resistance really is futile so might as well enjoy what benefits you can.

Nothing short of hundreds of millions taking direct boycott action in a coordinated international effort will stop them - if that's what you want.

Not going to happen, ever.

You want a so called free market economy? - you got it. Suck it up.
Same goes for general whinging and moaning about Google, and Microsoft, Apple etc etc.
Rant over.

Was your music collection sitting in the Amazon directory or elsewhere? I’m asking because if you delete an app you can expect the directory structure which came with it to be deleted. If it deleted files not in that structure then that is wrong.

Elsewhere. On a different drive.

advertisement

Back