advertisement

Amazon launch HiRes streaming.

I added the HD trial to my account a few days and it is seems very glitchy to me, nearly all the albums I'm looking at have most of the tracks missing:

e.g this is the new Lumineers album on Amazon (via Bluesound)

Screenshot 2019-09-18 at 18.24.54 by The Biglebowski, on Flickr

You have to click "SHOW ALL" in top right to see all the track.

Problem I have is when using BluOS there is no way to add or edit Amazon music like there is with Tidal. I have already posted same on the Bluesound help page so hopefully this will be sorted with the next software upgrade.

Ah that did it, annoyingly I can't skip tracks though, doesn't seem to be a play album button.

Not overly impressed with this bluos app.

Agreed - the BluOS desktop app that I use is woefully inadequate. Let's hope they do a quick update otherwise Amazon music is next to unusable as it stands.

Am I right in assuming that I can’t control the music on my Mac via my phone in the same way I can on Spotify? I have the app on both devices.

It’s a show stopper if not.

Is there a way to get Amazon Ultra HD to work with a raspberry pi? Volumio does not support to my knowledge.

Tried it on my Chromecast audio casting from the app and the sound is very disappointing compared to Qobuz via my Allo digione. Both going into the same Dac.

Any tips appreciated...

Is there a way to get Amazon Ultra HD to work with a raspberry pi? Volumio does not support to my knowledge.

The API has only been shared with a select group of official partners like BlueOS so far.

Tried it on my Chromecast audio casting from the app and the sound is very disappointing compared to Qobuz via my Allo digione. Both going into the same Dac.

Any tips appreciated...

They've specifically stated that they are not supporting Chromecast "at this time".

Sure, but a lot of people feel mp3 done with a competent encoder and a sufficient bit rate sounds great too - and objectively more accurate. I assume that you are aware that BBC FM for a very long time used a lossy encoding that was inferior to mp3, and they still use a lossy digital encoding for their FM backbone.

I find it awful, even through relatively inexpensive wired headphones and an iPhone 6. Putting MP3 even through my home cinema system it sounded shut in. I don't buy into MP3 at all.

Trying it on Bluesound too and can't for the life of me see how to add favourites for example.... Any clues?

Unless I'm misreading it, this is a major downer for me: "At this time, external DACs are not supported on Android."

On the move I use an Android phone with a Dragonfly Red dac via OTG. I use Tidal on and off for this despite having Amazon Family Music at home and multiple Echos. Initially it looked good, but not if I can't use when out of the house.

If Amazon still has the 90 day free trial still available after Roon supports Music HD, then I’ll try it.

No interest in trying Amazon’s native app, so will stick with Roon and TIDAL until then.

Also, am pretty sure that the $12.99 monthly rate won’t hold. When I signed up for Prime in 2014, it was $79 per year. Now it’s $119.

Why won’t any of these providers support DoP? They already send 24/192 FLAC so it’s not hard to do.

Trying it on Bluesound too and can't for the life of me see how to add favourites for example.... Any clues?
There doesn't seem to be a way to save artists. The abilities of the Bluesound app are minimal at best. I contacted Amazon and I was told that artists can't be saved as favorites. It is difficult to be very enthusiastic about Amazon if music can't be organized by artist. Hopefully this will be addressed soon.

Will be interesting if Roon look to integrate Amazon, like they have done with Tidal and Qobuz.

Also, does anyone know - do you get this new Amazon offer as part of your Prime subscription?

Will be interesting if Roon look to integrate Amazon, like they have done with Tidal and Qobuz.

Also, does anyone know - do you get this new Amazon offer as part of your Prime subscription?
It’s not part of Prime, but if you have Prime it is cheaper. There’s no response from Roon on possible integration, which probably means no.

advertisement

Back