advertisement

Amazon launch HiRes streaming.

So 'no' to AmazonHD music then. Are there any advantages of Qobuz over TIDAL (other than the newly-announced lower pricing)?

So 'no' to AmazonHD music then. Are there any advantages of Qobuz over TIDAL (other than the newly-announced lower pricing)?

I went with Qobuz because I liked their app and their catalogue and their pricing. Also their hires stuff is genuine rather than phoney MQA. Both have a free trial so its easy to make up your own mind. Adding Roon takes the usability up to the next level because you can then merge your own music with your Qobuz favourites into one library and control the whole thing from a tablet or phone. But I just started with Qobuz.

I went with Qobuz because I liked their app and their catalogue and their pricing. Also their hires stuff is genuine rather than phoney MQA. Both have a free trial so its easy to make up your own mind. Adding Roon takes the usability up to the next level because you can then merge your own music with your Qobuz favourites into one library and control the whole thing from a tablet or phone. But I just started with Qobuz.

Totally agree...

I went with Qobuz because I liked their app and their catalogue and their pricing.

Same here. I still have a French Qobuz account since I joined before Qobuz was strictly available in the UK. I tried Tidal in addition to Qobuz when Roon offered integration, but went back to Roon only after a couple of months. I felt that the Qobuz Jazz/Classical selection was better, as was the meta-data.

I like the look of the new Amazon music box to bung through ones DAC and not a bad price but the music isn't Hi Res.
So I will keep playing Records CDs and my top quality HD ripped music.
Apparently Chord have a new DAC coming out next year that's going to leave Dave standing.
Has even more taps that do wonderful things.

My landline went off. I picked up the phone. It was a message from an American woman, who told me Amazon would automatically take money from my card for their Music service, unless I pressed 1 to talk to somebody.

I am sure I immediately cancelled my deal to Amazon Music after subscribing for their free three-month trial, although I will check.

Once they've got their claws in you ...

Jack

As someone who recently had a one month trial with Qobuz and was suitably impressed I'm watching what looks like a possible pricing war with interest.
At the moment it appears to be no more than a promotion (USA only) for a 3 month period.

As someone who recently had a one month trial with Qobuz and was suitably impressed I'm watching what looks like a possible pricing war with interest.
At the moment it appears to be no more than a promotion (USA only) for a 3 month period.

Yes, I thought that - the WHF article clearly mentions £s, and you’d expect them to be taking it from a press release from Qobuz themselves. But only the US Qobuz website is offering the reduced rates as far as I can see.

Reactions: BJP
Yes, I thought that - the WHF article clearly mentions £s, and you’d expect them to be taking it from a press release from Qobuz themselves. But only the US Qobuz website is offering the reduced rates as far as I can see.
I'm in France and there's certainly no mention of it on the french site - but then Amazon HD is not available (yet) in France.;)

My landline went off. I picked up the phone. It was a message from an American woman, who told me Amazon would automatically take money from my card for their Music service, unless I pressed 1 to talk to somebody.

I am sure I immediately cancelled my deal to Amazon Music after subscribing for their free three-month trial, although I will check.

Once they've got their claws in you ...

Jack

It's a scam I had a call a few weeks back , I'd already cancelled my account.

For those interested in the situation with Qobuz regarding price reduction I spotted this on a Roon forum :-

"Dear customer,

Qobuz has launched the Studio Premier subscription in the United States for $14.99*.
This subscription is not yet available for other countries in which Qobuz operates.
This is a temporary situation, due to the ongoing negotiations with publishers in other countries.
Qobuz is working to harmonise its subscriptions and Studio Premier will be available in your country very soon.

Thank you for your confidence.

Best regards"

Fingers crossed it won't be too long.:)

Sadly, Amazon went the way of Google Music, mixing in their "compilation albums" with actual released music. And the Blues have the above like "sexiest saxophone tracks" as well everything from Jazz to New Age.

It is both sad and disrespectful that one of the world largest companies, when seriously entering the music streaming business can't hire a knowledgeable curating staff.

Pathetic? Cheap? Stupid?

Though, it sounds pretty good. Once you sift through the garbage.

E-mail from Qobuz received here in the UK less than an hour ago: my Qobuz subscription will be will be automatically transferred to Studio Premier at £14.99/month when my monthly subscription is renewed in a few days' time.

Hi-res streaming at a 25% price reduction :)

Qobuz has a customer for life!

advertisement

Back