1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Amazon HD plugin

Discussion in 'd.i.y.' started by hilts10, Nov 9, 2019.

1. hilts10

hilts10 Member

I have just got the 3 month trial for Amazon music HD. I am using a Raspberry Pi with DAC hat loaded with LMS and PiCorePlayer. Is there a way of streaming Amazon. Is there a plugin like I use for Spotify so I can stream Amazon over my network to take advantage of the HD quality ?

Cheers in advance.

2. Man in a van

Man in a van pfm Member

No plugin for LMS, that I'm aware off, nor likely I would guess.

I tried the Chromium browser and that is not supported.

Installed Firefox-ESR and that kept crashing the tab, so luck there.:(

ronnie

3. Man in a van

Man in a van pfm Member

I Have the ShairTunes2 plugin installed on my LMS.

I used the AmazonMusic app on an iPad and was able to Airplay to my Digione which is on a rpi3B+ (Raspbian Buster-Lite)

ronnie

4. Moppit

Moppit pfm Member

I'd be very interested too if there was a way to get this working on my pi/Allo digione using Android for control?

Sorry don't have any Apple devices anymore.

Cheers

5. car973

car973 Member

There is an LMS plugin for Volumio

6. Moppit

Moppit pfm Member

Yes, but how does this help me play Amazon HD music via android?

7. car973

car973 Member

...and Amazon on iPad will AirPlay to Volumio (but not with Android). As for bitrate, Volumio shows playback at 16/44.1 via AirPlay irrespective of source.

8. car973

car973 Member

Yes, it doesn’t seem to work for Android users

9. car973

car973 Member

Unless you’re happy to root your device in which case there are a few streaming apps available

10. hilts10

hilts10 Member

Could I just connect an OTG cable from my phone to the USB of the dac hat and play from the android app ?