advertisement

[WTD] Amanero USB module

MarkW

Full Speed & Pagan
Stuffed my Amanero, looking for a replacement so if you have one laying in a drawer please consider rehoming it...

(I promise I'll look after it. Mine had a good, long life until a software update failed)

Thanks

First the bad news, I don't have a spare.

The good news is, when I was first faffing around with one of these rather good boards, I decided to install a momentary switch for the clear-flash pads. this is mounted under the top plate of the main enclosure. Very easy access but no chance of an accidental press.
The second board was flash and forget so no switch installed on that one.
Second one is in my main DAC and the first is in a headphone/pre-amp/DAC.
Both have had their power supplies split and upgraded.

Hi CJ

They are very good boards. I've had mine for a good number of years and used it in multiple projects. Flashed it many time for various specific use cases without issue. (The switch idea would have been a good one. And yes, I came to the conclusion good power is one of the key factors in getting the best out of these little puppies.) Not entirely sure what happened this time, but I was probably doing too many things at the same time, instead of being methodical about it.

These days it's only used in my backup DSD Dac project. I have found I need different code on it for high rate DSD depending on whether I'm plugging into a WIndows or Linux environment.

I'm in no hurry.

advertisement

Back