advertisement

[WTD] Allo digione

Menace

pfm Member
Possibly looking for one of these and some advice on what's required to use it once installed. Want a fixed solution other than a laptop for streaming tidal.

Thanks Chris

I have one - but not for sale - so happy to offer my experience on set up and use in due course. That should probably happen in another thread tho'. For ref, I use picoreplayer and logitech media server with the tidal plugin (although I prefer qobuz).
--Julian.

I also have a Digione - but not for sale - happy to offer any advice you need. I used it with a Raspberry Pi 3B with Volumio installed. S/PDIF output into a Schiit Modi + then on to a Naim 102/ twim 135s.. The choice of power supply for the Digione/ Raspberry Pi has a big infuence on sound quality. Have now upgraded to a Digione Signature with a Chord Qutest - this is a dangerous rabbit hole to go down!
Andrew

I have one - but not for sale - so happy to offer my experience on set up and use in due course. That should probably happen in another thread tho'. For ref, I use picoreplayer and logitech media server with the tidal plugin (although I prefer qobuz).
--Julian.

Hope you are aware that your Tidal will stop working on LMS this month?

Cheers for the replies gents, can a standard digione be upgraded to signature with the clean board or is there more to it.

And yes probably for another thread .

As far as I am aware the Digione and Digione Signature are very different - it is more than just an added clean board. I could never find an upgrade path for the Digione.

I have an allo digione signature that is not being used which would be prepared to sell . Please note though it will need two power supplies to work . Mine is on a Pi 4 and has the allo steel case .

Hope you are aware that your Tidal will stop working on LMS this month?
:oops: no I was not. I was slightly economical in what I wrote first: I *have been* using tidal but I recently cancelled my sub. I found myself using qobuz most of the time. I'd still be interested in knowing what's happening about the tidal LMS plugin tho'.

As much as I love my Allo Digione Signature, about a year ago I put together a Pi 4 streamer for a family member, using USB. For a short time, I had the opportunity to A/B both PIs and did so by playing the same FLAC files from a USB drive. The receiving DAC was a Schiit Modius.
I struggled to hear any difference in SQ between the two PIs.
Can I see myself selling my Allo Digione? - no.
If I didn't have the ALLO HAT, would I be OK with just USB? - probably yes.

I use a DigiOne Signature fitted to Pi 3b+ running the Moode software, using BubbleUPnp on my Android phone or tablet. As the Signature requires 2 power supplies (at least one of them preferably being a 'clean' supply), I use a Temple Audio Supercharger which has enough power to power both the Pi and the Signature board, using a Y cable supplied by Temple Audio.
I also tried the Signature board fitted to a Pi4b but prefer the sound from the 3b+, which has a slightly less powerful processor than the Pi4. Apparently, a lower processed speed produces less noise.
I do intend to try the Pi4 again though, to be 100% sure, although I have compared them twice previously. There are settings in Moode (and LMS, actually) that can be tweaked too, that improve the sound - input and output buffer/cache sizes and Cpu governor (processor speed).
The pi/Digione Signature is a great streamer and easily bested the Squeezebox Touch that I had previously. The Digione Signature is audibly better than the standard Digione that I tried too. The Temple Audio Supercharger is a worthwhile improvement over the standard Pi power supplies.
As my DAC doesn't have USB input, I haven't been able to try the Pi 4b USB output into the DAC but there are a few on here that say it works really well.

:oops: no I was not. I was slightly economical in what I wrote first: I *have been* using tidal but I recently cancelled my sub. I found myself using qobuz most of the time. I'd still be interested in knowing what's happening about the tidal LMS plugin tho'.

Read here....https://mysqueezebox.com/index/Home

basically they are switching off the MySqueezebox.com servers....meaning the Tidal and Deezer plugins will not work. Qobuz one will as does not use the servers. To use Tidal on LMS you go to my squeezebox . com and sign in to your Tidal there....but as they are shutting it down will no longer be available. A lot of unhappy Tidal folks.

Read here....https://mysqueezebox.com/index/Home

basically they are switching off the MySqueezebox.com servers....meaning the Tidal and Deezer plugins will not work. Qobuz one will as does not use the servers. To use Tidal on LMS you go to my squeezebox . com and sign in to your Tidal there....but as they are shutting it down will no longer be available. A lot of unhappy Tidal folks.
wow! I expect I'd have just been confused one day that it wasn't working since I don't know how else I'd have found out. Happy to have moved on and spent the time re-'favouriting' all the stuff I had on Tidal on Qobuz. Thanks for bringing this up.

As you can see on other threads, if you are willing to use Logitech Media Server on a local computer (even an rPi) rather than using mysqueezebox.com, the missing items such as Tidal and Pandora are likely to come back through plugins created by members of the community. Both Tidal and Pandora already have versions that work though not with full functionality, and that's only a couple of weeks after the closure of mysqueezebox was announced.

advertisement

Back