advertisement

All purpose football thread 2022/23 Season

Should be sacked before the world cup not after.

Still experimenting when he should have created a settled team by now.

Bore draw written all over it - doubt if Spu*s will cross the halfway line more than a couple of times.

Went to the top of the table clash Barrow v Orient today as Everton weren’t playing. It wasn’t great, the Orient goals seemed to come out of nowhere, I’ve had some tremendous Lancaster Brewery beers though and it was ground number 65 of the current 92.

Should be sacked before the world cup not after.

Still experimenting when he should have created a settled team by now.

My take on it was the exact opposite - Southgate was being too conservative (small c) by continuing to play the players who did so well in the Euros such as Stirling, Maguire and Shaw despite their obvious lack of form whereas Bellingham was easily our best player.

And who would you replace Southgate with 50 days before the competition start?

Daft that Toney deservedly got called up then didn't even make the bench. What's the point in not playing him for at least 45mins?

Southgate is not a good manager, never rated him, he’s a very lucky bloke. He has no track record of any note at club level, but he’s useful at PR and saying the ‘right thing’, which is what the FA is mainly interested in.

Southgate is not a good manager, never rated him, he’s a very lucky bloke. He has no track record of any note at club level, but he’s useful at PR and saying the ‘right thing’, which is what the FA is mainly interested in.
He's quite good at getting teams relegated.;)

Well played Arsenal and well deserved. Saliba and Xhaka both were excellent and, of course, I am looking out for Jesus and Zinchenko, as well as Arteta.

Apologies to Palace fans - you deserved at least a point.
Just had that funny feeling when Gallagher came on though.........:)

A fair assessment and so did I. I also thought it would be in the last minute. We are very good at that. :(

advertisement

Back