Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

All purpose football thread 2022/23 Season

Discussion in 'off topic' started by BJP, Jun 16, 2022.

1. Blue Belle

Blue Belle pfm Member

I read about that, maybe this new owner is even more meddlesome than Abramovich, when if you don't agree with him, you get the sack.

2. andrew d

andrew d pfm Member

Now that QC's are KC's and Regina is Rex, The Queens Bench Division, the KBD etc etc. Wondering if Queens Park Rangers are a bit conflicted about a name change? See also Queen of the South FC.

3. webster

webster Listen & enjoy.

I think (hope) things will calm down now.

4. Salamander

Salamander pfm Member

But back on Sunday :)

5. bencat

bencat Amplifier Destroyer par excellence

You really do not read Nigel Huddlestone is the MP and he is the Under Secretary for Digital Culture Media and Sport . He is the the person that wrote the directive and briefed the various heads of all the Sports bodies on what the Government wanted . He is on record as havinf asked them for no sport this weekend but admitted that there was no law to force the bodies to comply with their brifing / guidance . We all clear now ? Still comes out the same only sport to comply is football .

By the way I am told the Angling Association told him to go and do one but this is not confirmed.

6. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

The FA & EFL were obviously worried about fan behaviour; these concerns do not apply to other sports.

7. awkwardbydesign

awkwardbydesign Officially Awesome

At yourself...

8. awkwardbydesign

awkwardbydesign Officially Awesome

Woodface and Bob McC like this.
  9. NRG

NRG pfm Member

I thought Liverpool would have welcomed a two week break so they can sort out their shocking defence

Bob McC likes this.
  10. oldius

oldius Can pleasure be measured?

Anyway, the decision has been made, regardless of fan feeling. I note that the boxing has also been cancelled tonight, something else I was looking forward to...and breathe...and get on with it.

11. oldius

Every day, my friend...every day.

12. andrew d

andrew d pfm Member

Very busy at The Oval circa 08:30 today when I was cycling out of town. They were getting ready for today's Test Match. Interestingly the ground is owned by The Duchy of Cornwall.

13. Wine Man

Wine Man pfm Member

Please tell me you passed the Duchy on the left hand side?

andrew d likes this.
  14. Cav

Cav pfm Member

As I said, it is a decision for the FA.

Bob McC and Woodface like this.
  15. bencat

Really then have a look at this . While all the oiks and commoners are not allowed to play any matches right through to Tuesday we must not stop our good old posh boys from playing yesterday .

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1568683087768453120

Oh and that looks like an official FA referee taking charge so one decision for them and another for the rest of us . Already seen this from the current Government made up of quite a few Old Etonians so now we know were they get this feeling that rules do not apply to them only the little people.

bigjonny likes this.
  16. Brian

Brian Eating fat, staying slim

^
    So bloody what, man.

17. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

This is getting tedious, each sporting body has made its own decision. If you don’t like how the game is run then stop going.

Eton have disobeyed the rules, let’s see if there are consequences.

I am currently much more upset about the recent news that Marcus Stewart has been diagnosed with MND. He’s only 49, probably my favourite ever player in Town colours.

18. andrew d

andrew d pfm Member

[​IMG]

Wine Man likes this.
  19. oldius

I have to be honest that I have really missed the football and boxing this weekend. In the eyes of some, that will be disgusting. In my eyes, it's natural as I have little to no interest in the monarchy and I am pretty obsessed with sport.

Bob McC and psd122 like this.
  20. bencat

your having a laugh consequences for Eton ?