Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Rack Kit, Jun 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldius

oldius Can pleasure be measured?

Friends? Are you sure now?

2. Alex N

Alex N pfm Member

3. irons1965

irons1965 pfm Member

Pretty fair assessment that.
    We were never going to create much, Moyes clearly looked to contain and then hit you on the break. Player management obviously because of the amount of football we are playing.
    Most of our creative players were sitting on the bench, Moyes brought them on with half hour left.
    Been on the Blue Moon forum and like your managers post match interview, to a person nothing less than gracious in defeat - Decent supporters:cool:

4. Spraggons Den

Spraggons Den pfm Member

Me too because you were pretty much guaranteed three points when they were the visitors. A different kettle of fish at Upton Park though.

irons1965 likes this.
  5. Rack Kit

Rack Kit pfm Member

You need to be careful with Moyes, if he carries on like this Man U might want him back. He sneaked you back to 4th at the weekend but nobody seemed to notice because of all the Man U wailing.

irons1965 likes this.
  6. irons1965

irons1965 pfm Member

How times change eh?
    Seeing your posting name (a Boro supporter?), reminds me of one of my first games when I decided to follow West Ham (back in about 74)...Stuart Boam was the captain, 3-0 home win at the Boleyn in the mud.
    Always used to turn us over at Ayresome Park though.....

7. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

Decent manager Moyes but seems to struggle when given money to spend, doing an excellent job at West Ham. I do rather dislike WHs owners but always liked the club.

irons1965 likes this.
  8. irons1965

irons1965 pfm Member

I totally agree about owners and Moyes.

Woodface likes this.
  9. Spraggons Den

Spraggons Den pfm Member

Yes, we had a good team under Jack Charlton with Graeme Souness, David Mills and Willie Maddren, David Armstrong and the two Johns Craggs and Hickton.

I saw Clyde Best and maybe Martin Peters that season at Awesome Park but I don't remember Moore or Hurst playing.

Boros record is even worse at Stamford Bridge - I can't remember us ever scoring there never mind getting a point. We hit the post once in 2005ish.

irons1965 likes this.
  10. webster

webster Listen & enjoy.

Hopefully you'll get promoted this season then.;)

11. irons1965

irons1965 pfm Member

I think Clyde Best wouldve been the only bit part player around 1974, the rest you mention wouldve moved on by then.
    That Boro side was a good one, David Armstrong was a class act.....That left foot....

12. Stuart Frazer

Stuart Frazer pfm Member

13. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

Brief evidence on lunch time news seemed a bit damning...

14. Stuart Frazer

Stuart Frazer pfm Member

It looked that way to me too. Defence was basically that an Operator (Henderson) and Pilot (Ibbotson) could still be competent even without an Air Operators Certificate and the requisite Commercial Pilots License and Night Rating for piloting the plane. Henderson acted negligently and recklessly as the Operator by failing to check basic details such as his chosen pilots licenses met the legal piloting requirements. He had lied to to try and deflect the blame on to Ibbotson. The plane owner had even instructed Henderson to stop using Ibbotson to fly the plane before the crash because of earlier air space infringements notified by the Civil Aviation Authority. Sentencing is 12 November 2021.

15. Rack Kit

Rack Kit pfm Member

How much spending did he actually do at Man U tho?

16. Brian

Brian Eating fat, staying slim

17. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

I’m not sure, he did seem to do better at Everton when he had less money to spend. Ultimately not all players respond to his methods, could be a case of confirmation bias & with hindsight should have been given more time at OT.

18. Alex N

Alex N pfm Member

After some quick googling...

Moyes £64.6 million (Fellaini and Mata)
    Van Gaal £276.4 million
    Mourinho £363.8 million
    Solskjaer £441 million

(Oh boy)

19. Rack Kit

Rack Kit pfm Member

Wasn't given much was he?

20. Rack Kit

Rack Kit pfm Member

Cost per title
    Liverpool 1 £332m £332m
    Manchester City 5 £1264m £253m
    Chelsea 5 £948m £190m
    Manchester United 5 £917m £183m
    Leicester City 1 £164m £164m

Liverpool top the league when it comes to cost per title. ;)

There's your final proof that they are the real big spenders in the Premier League. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.