advertisement

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Championship is doing its thing, we beat Blackpool away who beat Fulham at Home, Fulham hammered us at our place & then we lose to Forrest after they sack their manager. Bloody typical. Still think Huddersfield will end up closer to the bottom than top.

Went to the Liverpool match yesterday and it was not an easy game to watch . Have to admit I was very doubtful over the use of Millie to contain Zaha and in my mind this was looking to be an easy source of attack for Palace . Well I got that wrong big time and Millie was excellent in his placement and getting inside Zaha's head. How he di not get booked is beyond me but Zaha is his own worst enemy as even when he has played for the foul his grandstand pleading to the Ref when he does not get the decision does not help .

Liverpool played some decent but not spectacular football and were again wasteful of the chances they had . General view in the Liverpool crowd seems to be that we are not any threat at corners which given that we have scored more goals from corners than any other PL side is not correct. I think the reason for the view is that in most cases it is the second ball or even third ball follow up that gets the goal and very rarely is it a straight header or strike .

Seems silly to moan about the football we are playing with five games played and only one point dropped and only one goal conceded but I still think we can be much better and can score more goals that we have up to now . Roll on the next game and lets see how we progress if possible .

With regards to VAR I honestly think it is often a lottery still as to what decisions you get . Manchester City in the past have had some woeful decisions against them the one when Foden tried to stay on his feet last season springs to mind . Yesterday they I think got very luck with the VAR decison , I would agree that it was not a Red Card but it was a foul and a penalty as Walker never touched the ball and took the man what was said to change that I have no idea and it seems no one else but the man in VAR could think of why no penalty was given . This does not mean the Man City get all the VAR decisions becasue in fairness they do not no team does really it is just a lottery .

Quite interesting to read the views of others but just for some perspective , Zaha is easily triggered, apart from Milner ( Millie was the name of one of our Westies) Henderson also did a very cynical foul on Xaha, Milner was lucky not to have a yellow and He has been red carded for fouls on Zaha in the past.

Liverpool continually getting the rub of the green so far this season - somewhat reminiscent of the year they won the league.
VAR thought that Benteke couldn’t get near the crossed ball and tried to buy a foul - I thought from the highlights I saw that the Reds were worthy winners and I didn’t hear Patrick Viera complain post match…. Just the opposition fans …. Now can we discuss the Kyle Walker pen/no pen incident… bizarre indeed it seemed?

Yes, but we still totally thrashed them 1-1 at Anfield!
That’s the only goal we’ve conceded in the league this season and Havertz didn’t mean it I suspect... we clearly watched different games - the Reds yet again spurned too many chances (24 created) against the Blues 6 I recall?

Quite interesting to read the views of others but just for some perspective , Zaha is easily triggered, apart from Milner ( Millie was the name of one of our Westies) Henderson also did a very cynical foul on Xaha, Milner was lucky not to have a yellow and He has been red carded for fouls on Zaha in the past.
MoTD thought Milner was outstanding yesterday, Henderson was booked for the professional foul (pull back) on Zaha - it’s horrible to see but effective

Liverpool were worthy winners although perhaps the score was not a true reflection of the game. As you say Patrick Vieira did not complain nor do any Palace fans that I have encountered.

MoTD thought Milner was outstanding yesterday, Henderson was booked for the professional foul (pull back) on Zaha - it’s horrible to see but effective

Milner did play well but I thought you had more about you than to quote the opinions of the ****fest!

I was at the game (5 1/4 hr drive down from Scotland) and thought Liverpool were a bit disjointed (especially up front) but clearly the better side, as the score-sheet evidenced. First game for Konate and he was A over T for the first 30 mins but settled a bit. Fabinho and Henderson in MF is such a strong combination and they protect the defence well. MOTD coverage flattered Palace but it was refreshing to see them, under Viera, move on from the dull defensive gash that they played under the Owl (Hodgson).

VAR is very pro City this season. Southampton game a good example.

How that penalty by Walker was overturned I’ve no idea but I suspect the bat-phone from Abu Dhabi to the VAR centre (50k a decision) was involved. :D

I was at Anfield and I was (un)pleasantly surprised at how good Palace were. Loads of energy, some really good high pressing and some decent quality on the ball. 3-0 doesn’t reflect the balance of the game IMO.

On Liverpool, I thought Tsimikas had a very good game.

That’s the only goal we’ve conceded in the league this season and Havertz didn’t mean it I suspect... we clearly watched different games - the Reds yet again spurned too many chances (24 created) against the Blues 6 I recall?
It was a joke.

I was at the game (5 1/4 hr drive down from Scotland) and thought Liverpool were a bit disjointed (especially up front) but clearly the better side, as the score-sheet evidenced. First game for Konate and he was A over T for the first 30 mins but settled a bit. Fabinho and Henderson in MF is such a strong combination and they protect the defence well. MOTD coverage flattered Palace but it was refreshing to see them, under Viera, move on from the dull defensive gash that they played under the Owl (Hodgson).

Fair comment but when you consider Roy Hodgson, Wan Bassaka was sold for 50m without a replacement or any money, last season they signed Eze for about 18m and his other big spend was 2.5m on Ayew, we also had a couple of loan signings who could not make the team. On at least one occasion he had ten injuries to contend with, often against teams with a single player costing more than his squad, in truth he had to play that way against many teams because it is not a level league.

Vieira has been given a bit of money and some reasonable players bought .......I was horrified earlier in the summer with the rumour suggesting that we were after Origi after Benteke and Sakho we do not need any of your cast offs!

[QUOT MOTD coverage flattered Palace but it was refreshing to see them, under Viera, move on from the dull defensive gash that they played under the Owl (Hodgson).[/QUOTE]

Hodgson delivered dignity and stability to Palace which has enabled them to speculate more having secured funds through a long run of survival in the league. That’s how it works when you don’t have the resources, you work with what you have. I realise the fans of big clubs think they should just turn up and play high and be honoured to get thumped, but that’s not reality. ;)

Where did the adventure get them yesterday? Early days for Viera but pretty football will only be thanked if they achieve what Roy did - constant safety and no relegation scraps. If they go down all the praise for the way they played will ring hollow. Norwich are doing that and I predict the manager will be gone by October and they will go down. You have to tough it through a few seasons to afford ambition later.

Only caught the last 20 mins of the United/West Ham game - embarrassing to watch Ronaldo trying to cheat a penalty on at least 2 occasions - it's time players were punished for blatant simulation.

West Ham v Utd was an odd game, the latter had all the game but the former were far more efficient getting the ball forward quickly. I actually think Utd should have had at least one penalty.

we were after Origi after Benteke and Sakho we do not need any of your cast offs

Benteke, Sakho, Kelly, and Clyne.

Anyways...

david-moyes-football-genius.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back