advertisement

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I say please have it done to you at full pace and then tell me it is nothing . Until then you honestly do not know and you are making up a narrative to support your bias .
It's not bias and it's not only Liverpool players that do it but they are definitely among the worst along with the likes of Arsenal.
If rolling around in agony one minute and then running around as if nothing happened straight afterwards isn't milking it then I'd like to know what is?
His reaction was designed to make the ref think the challenge was worse than it really was - it's a form of cheating - maybe, as a Liverpool fan, you're so used to seeing it it's just become the norm?

Yes of course and no Chelsea player or City player ever does it . Instead they all stand tall and act like it's a pin prick . However if it makes you happy that it is all Liverpool's fault and we do far more than any team in the world , Klopp also has full diving school a nd acting academy behind the Kirkby training ground .

In my opinion, everything won by Chelsea in the Abramovich years MUST be considered null and void. English and European football associations must remove them from the record.

Less a football club, more an organised crime racket.

Not just Chelsea IMO:D

This is foolish and smells like a witch-hunt. RA was legit a month ago and now Chelsea can't sell tickets?? For being a friend of a mass murderer?

Andrew's comment was about other clubs' fans believing that Liverpool are favourably treated.

So Liverpool do receive fewer yellow cards per foul than any other team and are among the teams with the most positive outcomes by VAR?

Liverpool may receive fewer yellow cards per foul than any other team. To suggest that this constitutes favourable treatment would need be be based upon a belief that all fouls are created equal, which clearly they are not. Therefore, the only conclusion must be that Liverpool foul nicer than all other teams;).

It is correct that Liverpool are among the teams with the most positive outcomes by VAR (fewer than or equal to 6 other teams in the league, better than the other 13). A balance of +2 after 29 games doesn't warrant being called "a huge number of VAR decisions in their favour compared to others…” in my opinion.

In my opinion, everything won by Chelsea in the Abramovich years MUST be considered null and void. English and European football associations must remove them from the record.

Less a football club, more an organised crime racket.
You don’t really mean that, the club will continue at the top level I’m sure

I mean circumstances can change. The invasion of Ukraine has changed things. Just because RA passed a pathetic fit & proper test 20 years ago doesn’t make him immune to future sanctions. What if he killed someone?

The Oligarchs are a stain on society, the same people who are pushing up property prices, exploiting the poor from former soviet bloc etc etc. But, yeah, as long they prop up football clubs etc they are just good blokes?

Get real, football cannot exist in a moral vacuum.

Liverpool may receive fewer yellow cards per foul than any other team. To suggest that this constitutes favourable treatment would need be be based upon a belief that all fouls are created equal, which clearly they are not. Therefore, the only conclusion must be that Liverpool foul nicer than all other teams;).

It is correct that Liverpool are among the teams with the most positive outcomes by VAR (fewer than or equal to 6 other teams in the league, better than the other 13). A balance of +2 after 29 games doesn't warrant being called "a huge number of VAR decisions in their favour compared to others…” in my opinion.

You make my point - stats are only a guide and need more consideration. It is surprising that they have received fewer yellow cards than anyone in the PL for the last three seasons - that really is something! You could definitely make a case that City, for example, should have fewer because they lead possession stats by a fairly considerable margin. I don't think anyone did say a huge number unless I have missed something.

This is foolish and smells like a witch-hunt. RA was legit a month ago and now Chelsea can't sell tickets?? For being a friend of a mass murderer?
I’m happy to accept that Putin is a mass murderer, but by that standard so is every Prime Minister and President in history who has been involved in a war (Blair especially so!) The truth is, that RA is an easy target. Easier to go after him than say, a Russian oligarch who our PM has elevated to the House of Lords.

I also find it utterly hypocritical that it is only now the we are concerned about how Russian Oligarchs got their money. At the fall of communism the selling of Russian assets to wealthy oligarchs in exchange for political favours was very much following the Western Capitalist model of virtue (think selling off British public utilities on the cheap to favourable institutions under Thatcherism) and was heralded as a victory for free market economics and a sign of the superiority of western liberal democracy (see Francis Fukuyama’s End of History).

On top of that the West has been neck deep in Russian money for decades, the UK has explicitly created favourable economic incentives to get that money into the City of London. To find that money morally objectionable now is cant of the highest order.

I’m happy to accept that Putin is a mass murderer, but by that standard so is every Prime Minister and President in history who has been involved in a war (Blair especially so!) The truth is, that RA is an easy target. Easier to go after him than say, a Russian oligarch who our PM has elevated to the House of Lords.

I also find it utterly hypocritical that it is only now the we are concerned about how Russian Oligarchs got their money. At the fall of communism the selling of Russian assets to wealthy oligarchs in exchange for political favours was very much following the Western Capitalist model of virtue (think selling off British public utilities on the cheap to favourable institutions under Thatcherism) and was heralded as a victory for free market economics and a sign of the superiority of western liberal democracy (see Francis Fukuyama’s End of History).

On top of that the West has been neck deep in Russian money for decades, the UK has explicitly created favourable economic incentives to get that money into the City of London. To find that money morally objectionable now is cant of the highest order.

Money talks. Every. Single. Time.

2-0 up with 15 mins to play, ref gives a ludicrous decision for a penalty & we end up drawing. Much the better team, had control of the game until a mad 5 minutes; still had the best chance to win in the last minute. Not to be, West Brom look very poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back