advertisement

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keita was fortunate not to get a red. I think Sanchez’ first yellow should have been a red, and he is as fortunate as Keita in that sense. I think his second yellow was definitely a yellow. He is responsible for ensuring that both his foot and his follow-through don’t endanger an opponent in making the challenge. He didn’t do this.

In response to Bencat’s statement that “Liverpool get a huge number of VAR decisions in their favour compared to others…”, analysis by ESPN indicates that Liverpool lie joint third with three other teams in a table of VAR beneficiaries this season, behind West Ham and Man City. https://www.espn.co.uk/football/eng...affected-every-premier-league-club-in-2021-22

Andrew's comment was about other clubs' fans believing that Liverpool are favourably treated.

So Liverpool do receive fewer yellow cards per foul than any other team and are among the teams with the most positive outcomes by VAR?

The French commentators (one of which was Petit) were crying for a foul on the keeper for Real's 1st goal - not for me - he was dawdling and got caught.
I thought Courtois was badly at fault for the Mbappé goal - a top keeper shouldn't get beaten on his near post - I'm sure our resident GK expert will concur with that;).
Benzema was just fantastic and was likened to a good bottle of red that just gets better and better as it matures.
Poch looked helpless and hopeless in equal measure as the tie unravelled - he'll be a perfect fit at OT next season.;)
So - 3 European giants (and Man City) through to the QF's - it's going to be tasty this year.:)

I'm no GK expert but you're right that Courtois was at fault and got done by the eyes of Mbappe - there was only one place it could go but it did have a good pace on it ;)

BBC news reporting that Chelsea has been seized by the government along with other assets of Abramovich! Club shop closed but promises made that the club should not be harmed.

Reactions: bob
Well, this is worrying now. Roman hasn't had chance to sell, and we are now on the pointy end. I've read this morning about obviously no transfers, but no contract renewals, and even no more ticket sales, only season ticket holders at games from now on. Who knows, but this is going to be bad.

Reactions: bob
Chelsea have had a great run on the back of questionable wealth. All eras come to an end & perhaps this will bring some self awareness among football fans?

In my opinion, everything won by Chelsea in the Abramovich years MUST be considered null and void. English and European football associations must remove them from the record.

Less a football club, more an organised crime racket.

In my opinion, everything won by Chelsea in the Abramovich years MUST be considered null and void. English and European football associations must remove them from the record.

Less a football club, more an organised crime racket.

Interesting thought.... How about including the Tories on the same basis? :D

Old news but I have nothing new to add Keira was lucky another official on the pitch or on VAR and he would have got a Red card . Fact is he did not and there is nothing that any Liverpool fan of any fan can do . My view only but Sanchez should not have been on the pitch anyway as the first foul on Thiago was a Red card all day. The second on Fab was a straight yellow so he had to go . As to the comment that Fab milked it try having someone with that momentum strike you on the ankle and then say it .

I know that in the 70,s and 80,s this would have just been one of those things but times have changed and all players know they have to remain in control of the follow through as well as getting the ball . Sanchez knows this and was on a booking and his team had just scored he needed to be calm not reckless but he was not and left the official with no choice .

No need - I can draw on personal experience as I was a season ticket holder in the (what was then) new East Stand during the 70's when Chelsea spent some time in the old 2nd division.

I have started going around the grounds in Yorkshire and Derbyshire, just in case City revert to type and it all goes pear shaped....:( It's interesting, on the pie front, non meat pie have not quite arrived in some grounds.....

The situation with Chelsea is I suppose understandable but not very sensible .If Roman was approved in the first place to buy the club then those that approved him need the action against . Best out come for all would be a quick sale and for Chelsea to carry on . I am not able to see why ticket sales and the like are stopped it should be just run as it was but with no money being allowed out of the Club accounts .

I have started going around the grounds in Yorkshire and Derbyshire, just in case City revert to type and it all goes pear shaped....:( It's interesting, on the pie front, non meat pie have not quite arrived in some grounds.....
As things stand I'm attending the home match against Newcastle on Sunday - I'll be sure to eat before I get to the ground.:D

Like I say please have it done to you at full pace and then tell me it is nothing . Until then you honestly do not know and you are making up a narrative to support your bias .

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back