advertisement

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season II

Agree it’s pointless but would argue that Utd under SAF were superior, perhaps LFC under Dalglish late 80’s and Klopp a couple of years back were as good if not better …. Should have set a ridiculous points record but switched off with 5/6 games to play?
I don’t think any of those have played so consistently well in the league as City. Obviously UTD won in Europe but I am just talking about League form, Liverpool have been phenomenal but City have been better.

Agree it’s pointless but would argue that Utd under SAF were superior, perhaps LFC under Dalglish late 80’s and Klopp a couple of years back were as good if not better …. Should have set a ridiculous points record but switched off with 5/6 games to play?

Just out of interest, does a high points tally point to an exceptional team, or that the competition in the league was poor that season? .. i don't know, but it's an interesting debate.

Just out of interest, does a high points tally point to an exceptional team, or that the competition in the league was poor that season? .. i don't know, but it's an interesting debate.
I suspect it’s a bit of both but reflects only two good teams those seasons tbh

There was a time when the champions lost at least 6/7 games each season - not acceptable in the current set up - LFC lost twice and came second

I believe that Man City are commissioning statues of Bell, Lee and Summerbee to go alongside those of Aguero, Kompany and David Silva. What a wonderful tribute as Colin Bell is the best player I have ever seen. I have heard that they cancelled the statue of Raheem Stirling because they couldn't get it to stay on its feet.

There was a time when the champions lost at least 6/7 games each season - not acceptable in the current set up - LFC lost twice and came second
You dropped 4 points against Chelsea despite being very much in the driving seat in both matches with the aid of 12th man Anthony Taylor - ultimately that cost you big time.

I believe that Man City are commissioning statues of Bell, Lee and Summerbee to go alongside those of Aguero, Kompany and David Silva. What a wonderful tribute as Colin Bell is the best player I have ever seen. I have heard that they cancelled the statue of Raheem Stirling because they couldn't get it to stay on its feet.

Interestingly, Grealish seems to have been cured of the affliction since his move to Man C - must be different boots or the playing surface …

You dropped 4 points against Chelsea despite being very much in the driving seat in both matches with the aid of 12th man Anthony Taylor - ultimately that cost you big time.
We had our reserve GK vs Blues x 2 and you were still lucky to draw, 2-0 up against Brighton and blowing it was equally as important - City were so lucky to be champions

We had our reserve GK vs Blues x 2
Wrong.
You had Alisson in goal for the match at Anfield when, despite playing against 10 men for over half the match, you still dropped 2 points.
In the return match you blew a 2 goal lead and yes Kelleher was in goal but don't forget Klipperty (who has never been known to exaggerate) describes him as 'the best number 2 goalkeeper in the world'.:rolleyes:

Unusual to have two teams with such high points tallies. I am not really sure how competitive the league is?
It will be more competitive next season, I hope. Even the likes of Villa have already done deals for bringing in 2 players. Spurs have brought 1 in and will probably do more and I sadly expect improvement from manure. I think and hope the arses overachieved at 5th and will go backward, they missed their chance. Getting back to ~80-85 pts to win the league should be more normal, imo.

LOL.

In years to come, ‘do-gooders’ will drag statues down because of where the money came from. Can’t have statues, they’re worse than flags apparently.

Man, Scotland were crap tonight. Ukraine made them look very agricultural and I can see them sweeping past Wales on Sunday too.
Yes, terrible. Do they have any genuine international quality players at all? Their goalkeeper must have woken up a lot of times last night sweating buckets thinking he was back at the mackems.

City were so lucky to be champions

How do make that out? We more players injured out than lots of other teams and ended up with a very weakened defence. There was no luck in drawing against West Ham and beating Villa, just hard work and a belief that we could win.

Next season, we will be even stronger, so catch us if you can.......

advertisement

Back